Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
sweet99

Name: sweet99
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
which box

my friend wants to trade my edge comp hot for his bluechip FMS. i like the FMS for the guages but am wondering if you guys think it fuels as hard as the comp. the box will be stcked with a SMARTY for timing. whats your guys opinion.

thanks

Old 12-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
JacktheBear3

Name: JacktheBear3
Title: Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
It will fuel harder, from what I have seen they can be tempermental and not as simple to keep running as the Comp.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Warpig

Name: Warpig
Title: 12V killer
Member`s Gallery
I've had one for 5 years and never had a single problem. I've never had a comp, so I can't compare the two.

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 12-16-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
BCSCUMMINS

Name: BCSCUMMINS
Title: Fomer 35er
Member`s Gallery
I think that it will pull harder if you had the supporting mods to handle it. I don’t know if you will see a difference with a stock truck with a smarty and a bluechip. Me personally I would keep to the smarty and the drag comp.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
sweet99

Member`s Gallery
anyone else have any opinions.im thinking of tradingmainly for the guages.my main concern is for the dependability of the FMS

Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
smoken02

Name: smoken02
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I would keep the comp, and just buy some gauges. I like my guages on the pillar not in one of my boxes. If you change to a different box later you lose the gauges.

R.I.P
02 Dodge QC/SB 4x4, Drag Comp,BD RAD, ARP studs, DDP HRVP44, HTT 62/71/14,SDX 200's,Killer B, Goerend trans,Billet input shaft, Billet Flexplate, AirdogII 200gph pump
13.16 @ 104mph 1/4 mile

Aaron

Old 12-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
The redline is made for racing/ pulling to get high rpms. I've read posts on TDR/DTR where guys actually dynoed less hp with the redline compared to a Drag comp. I'd keep the comp, smoother power with it from what I've heard. Actually I'd sell the Smarty/comp & get a Adrenaline....way more fun & stronger than my Smarty/Drag stack.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
For a daily driver stick with the Edge, they are hard to beat. The FMS is a great box, but not as street friendly as the comp from what I have gathered, never owned one to know.

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 12-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
kmkdiesel

Name: kmkdiesel
Member`s Gallery
i would trade for the redline then sell it, buy another drag comp and guages. Its worth twice as much money as the comp.
2009/ 3500/ Laramie/ Mega Cab/ Electric Blue/ Blackmaxx/ATS Stage 6 48re/ TS Mp8/ 66-74-14/ Pdi manifold/ 50% over nozzles/ H&S Intake Horn And Boost Tube/ Afe stage 2 CAI/ Shaved,Flycut,Coated Pistons/ A1-H11 Headstuds

Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #10
parttimepuller

Name: parttimepuller
Member`s Gallery
Box

I am going to have to agree with what was said. I have a redline on my truck and it fuels hard and gives the RPM's for sled pullin. I had a TST Hot and it fuel hard but it wasnt as street friendly as my buddy's drag comp.

It all depends on what you want out of your truck:
Dyno truck/daily driver-- Drag comp

Sled Pull-- Redline

My $0.02

Old 12-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
sweet99

Member`s Gallery
it is not the redline it is just the regular 100hp FMS box.i dont have the supporting modsright now to ryn the redline.

thanks

Closed Thread