New SPEARCO intercooler Installed!

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
Got my new SPEARCO Intercooler installed.

This thing ROCKS!
spearcoet.jpg

spearcosbs.jpg

spearcosbs1.jpg

spearcosbs2.jpg

spearcot.jpg

Turbo Spoolup is VERY much improved, I can't believe how much difference it made. I'd say cruising temperature is 100-150 degrees cooler.
It takes a LOT longer to hit 1600 on a WOT run from a dead stop.

This thing darn near spools as good as stock, I am very surprisesd. It flat out gets up and GOES! Black smoke is decreased from a dead stop and the charger just flat out SPOOLS. If I can get a boost gauge video I'll post it up.

All around throttle response and acceleration is more crisp, and the power gain is awesome. Truck is much more enjoyable to drive in town with the big charger.

Here is a video I shot: (Closed course professional driver)
Click here to see Video
Yes, my truck is dirty.. Too busy working on it getting ready for Houston to CLEAN it..

All in all WELL worth the money, great upgrade!!

Nice ........ummm, you didn't run out of fuel did ya? LOL And about the truck being dirty, it's a TRUCK. :rockwoot:

Burner said:
Nice ........ummm, you didn't run out of fuel did ya? LOL And about the truck being dirty, it's a TRUCK. :rockwoot:

Drove around with solid bump stops installed.. Probably knocked the sending unit loose in the tank again:doh:

That thing looks way better than the stocker, not to mention it's a good bit thicker too. Quicker spool up and better driveabilty is always a plus. :rockwoot: Do you have any pics of it installed?

txastuff79 said:
price of the spearco?

I am hauling a trailer to Baton Rouge, I will try to get a few in cab videos from a dead stop to show spoolup etc.
So far around town & on town roads at 55MPH I have no EGT problems with about 4200lbs behind me. I know its not much of a load, but I'm fueled pretty heavily and have not touched the plate or AFC for this trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back