Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Test Drove a 6.7 Today

I spent the night in Jackson, MS last night so I could spend more time with my new niece this morning. On the way to the hospital I stopped by the Dodge dealer to pick up a speed sensor for the goat, on the way out what should I see?? Brand new chassis cab 3500 HD sitting there yelling for me to drive it. I couldn't say no to it's heartfelt request so off I go to find a salesman

Popped the hoop and took a look around, no big changes that I could see other than an electronic wastegate, intercooler was kinda on the small side, but that's fixable The truck itself was fairly nice, cloth power seats, tilt, cruise etc with the 6spd. It was a 2wd, but the HD uses a solid axle in the front and the same suspension as a 4wd, even has two gussets where the pumpkin would be on a powered front axle

The tranny shifts like a car, don't float worth a crap either, but it was brand new, a couple thousand miles of beating it around would likely cure that problem. The truck rode great, a tad jouncey, but with no bed on the back that's to be expected.

All in all I would buy one, and it does have me thinking costly thoughts

Oh yeah, ya'll want to know a bit on how it ran, doncha?? Like a scalded arse ape For a truck that size it moves really good, tere is NO turbo lag and it will rap to the redline so quick it's not funny. Quiet as all get out too, with the window up you cannot hear it in the cab, no turbo whistle, no engine noise, nothing. Even with the skinny pedal mashed to the floor it's quiet, I don't know if I could drive it long like that, I need to hear an engine to judge when to shift, that one was way to quiet to do so and I found myself shifting at 28-3000 RPM. It pulls hard from off idle to 3k or so, no noticeable powerband like my truck.

I liked it, with a few mods it would be an awe inspiring tow vehicle.

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 10-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
LAmiller

Name: LAmiller
Title: THE KT-BOUNDARY
Member`s Gallery
Sweet - I wanna drive one now! I bet without the bed it would do a great burnout!

Lavon
http://www.shop.firepunk.com

Old 10-13-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
...notice the new frame?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
haz-mat19

Name: haz-mat19
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I want one, just no stick, with a bed, crewcab, 4x4

Old 10-13-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
I hope they come close to the new F-450 trucks. It would be nice to have a solid 33k+ in a Dulley....*with* an engine you can trust. I wonder if the 50k frame will be that much better than the standard 36k steel we have now?

......I really don't want to see one with an auto, really.

Temptation is sooooo hard to resist.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner
...notice the new frame?
Kinda hard not to, that sucker looks STOUT!!! Right behind the cab it appears about a foot tall and then "swoops" to a mere 8-10 inches or so. The GVWR on te door frame was 12,500, not to sure how that compares to the 450's but from what I saw I really liked the truck. I could easily picture myself driving one with extended cab and a flatbed.

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Closed Thread