Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 7.3 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

7.3 Powerstroke 99-03 Powerstroke Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
2.6 S400 is on.

Turbo is on and running. It has more mid range than I ever imagined. Initial test drive was very good but to much traffic. I couldn't wait so I took it out after dark that night for some hard runs. Needless to say I spent half the night pm'ing people trying to find out why It didn't perform as expected. Note to self: Don't try new things after dark alone. The next day I could see how it really accelerated and was spinning the tires even in high gear. Can't make full boost when it not getting traction. At that speed it's hard to watch all the gauges and keep it under control.

I know of one DMax that also installed this turbo with good initial results.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
JOHNBOY

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
Turbo is on and running. It has more mid range than I ever imagined. Initial test drive was very good but to much traffic. I couldn't wait so I took it out after dark that night for some hard runs. Needless to say I spent half the night pm'ing people trying to find out why It didn't perform as expected. Note to self: Don't try new things after dark alone. The next day I could see how it really accelerated and was spinning the tires even in high gear. Can't make full boost when it not getting traction. At that speed it's hard to watch all the gauges and keep it under control.

I know of one DMax that also installed this turbo with good initial results.
Good news Kevin.

A little somthing I learned.

Do your night time testing in four wheel drive.

I hit a wet spot in the road. Tires broke loose. Hit the rev limiter so hard it shut off. I thought I blew the thing up. But it fired right back up.
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
After just about losing it up during the day I realized how lucky I was in the dark and put it away.

Closed Thread