Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:43 PM   #81
MOMBENZ

Name: MOMBENZ
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CH_
its not really my fight, but as doug has helped me out and continues to do so i will point out from personal experience its hard to be fast when (amongst other things) your tire/wheel combo weighs about 20tons.

might i ask why dj feels doug cant write a good tune? its not like were talking about mitch here; both of yall know a great deal more about tuning than i would ever claim to but if doug 'cant write a good tune' then why do his seem to be generally thought of as amongst (if not the) best tow files?
I can't really answer for DJ but I think it's because we've seen him at the track a few times and his customers trucks run about stock.

Also, we had a customer running our looney at the track and Doug offered him a free tune to compare. The gentleman told us he ran a 14.1 with our file in the first pass. Then he ran Doug's file and started puking. Then he ran our file again with no ill effects and a 13.8.

Don't know much about his tow tunes but DJ doesn't agree with towing more than 8500 lbs. with a tune, any tune. Not that our files won't carry the extra weight just that he doesn't suggest it.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #82
heinzboy

Name: heinzboy
Title: Slappy
Member`s Gallery
Why have a truck if you cant really pull over 8500 pounds with a tune?

2005 KingRanch Dually Modded
2006 F250 CC Modded
2005 BMW M3 Competition Edition
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Electric Glide Modded
2008 Huffy 20" bicycle
2008 Escalade EXT
I WOULD RATHER BE DEAD THAN AVERAGE

Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #83
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
WOW, did I miss something in the 4 hours I was gone. I think the original point of this post was Richard had a new tune today from Doug, and it runs like a scalded dog. It is no secret that vendors will and do supply their products at a reduced rate or gratis for people to try and to promote. I have tried just about everyones tunes, I have tried some really great products, and I have tried a few turds. I will say that of the two tuners that are here in this thread, DJ and Doug, I have tried tunes from both, I have bought products from both, and I have received products, (tunes) at no cost. I have always given my very honest opinions of the products, of what works, and what doesn't work.

as honestly as I can be, I will put it straight out on the table. To date, I have tried high power, tow and other files from DJ, Doug, Innovative, Biava, John wood, TS performance, Edge and Quad, (oh yeah, and Mitch ). of the SCT tuners I have tried , DJ, Doug, and Eric at innovative are all really close in performance. As of today, I run DJ's strongest looney tune in my truck as a daily, because it just works the best for me, and I bet at the track it would put down the best ET's. That is not saying that Dougs or innovatives are bad, quite the contrary, they are exceptional. DJ's tune is stronger than anything I have tried from the others, and has the characteristics I like, inching out the others. (I have not tried Dougs newest tune yet, but you can bet your ass I will after all this controversy). The strongest, baddest, hottest tune I have ever ran in my truck was one from John wood that almost got us arrested at Houston last year, however, it was written to haul ass down the track, and thats it. The EGT's were through the roof, and I felt like the motor was gonna go boom at any second, but again it was written to run down the track, written with the truck in front of him just to see what it would do. I would never run it as a daily. I have no doubt any of the others could write something similar.

Folks this is Competition diesel, this isn't asskissin.com or touchyfeely.com. Most of ya'll, that are here are here because you like to compete. DJ and Doug compete, as do David Lott, and Brian Bunting, and many of the other vendors. Each of them would bend over to help the other in a pinch, and they all share their information freely. I truly have no horse in this race, and my opinion really means nothing more than yours. I am friends with and a customer of both DJ and Doug. I think they are both great at what they do, and I know they both think they are the best at what they do. And for that reason and that reason alone that is why I want them to do my tuning. If you don't believe your the best, and back up what you brag about, you aint putting your product on my truck.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #84
Abrannan19

Name: Abrannan19
Title: NOBAMA 09-12
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMBENZ
Doug offered him a free tune to compare. The gentleman told us he ran a 14.1 with our file in the first pass. Then he ran Doug's file and started puking. Then he ran our file again with no ill effects and a 13.8.

Thanks,
Vivian

what color was this truck?

visit us @ www.firstcoastdieselperformance.com
Email: Abrannan19@aol.com
Phone: (904)-813-5067

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #85
MOMBENZ

Name: MOMBENZ
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19
I wanted to see what the hype was all about..if you are so SURE that your tunes are the best..why not try before you buy? I didnt know...that you were hard up for the 50 bucks.

opinions are like A-holes..everyone has one.. Dj has one..thats cool.

"Haters make people famous" famous quote some people will get.

i dont have a fortune in my truck..I never said that I did..

I have very lil money in my mods..

it is all good though..People see who lashes out at who.
It probably would have been the best $50 you ever spent and I give to whoever I want to give. What did you dyno at Suncoast with Doug's tune. If I remember correctly, it was something like 364. It was embarrassing for the only Ford there. DJ thought your truck was stock

I'm going to stop posting in this thread and will let DJ answer you tomorrow. Seems to me you called him a name but you still haven't agreed to run your quick truck.

Thanks,
Vivian

Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #86
Abrannan19

Member`s Gallery
..i was running 22.5's at suncoast.

an additional 500 pds over stock. with stock headbolts.
show me a comparable dyno.

this was last weekend dyno with out spray.

and that was with a cracked up pipe.

Last edited by Abrannan19; 05-07-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #87
Wildcat

Name: Wildcat
Title: An OKIE from Muskogee
Member`s Gallery
Im not gonna get in the middle of this. But for God's sake my boy runs 22.5's with adapters. He's losing alot of his HP from the added weight. Those damn adapters weigh 40 lbs a piece. So I think 364 isnt that damn bad.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #88
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
Go to bed ya'll

Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #89
Wildcat

Name: Wildcat
Title: An OKIE from Muskogee
Member`s Gallery
Ill go to my couch.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #90
kiddsplash

Name: kiddsplash
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Is it normal for the hp to get so wavy at the end of the chart i dont remember seeing that before. Nice hp and torque by the way.

Mods: Aluminum Diamond Plate Truck Box, High Idle,7000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter With Outdoor Mounted Outlet On Truck Box, Myron Davis Dvd in Headrests

Repair attempts 8 update Getting better, Overhauled transmission due to sticking solenoids lost 3 and 5 clutches, Front end geometry changed, more engine work. Still some power issues off the line, Brake pedal real soft, trans still shifts odd every now and then.....

Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #91
WAO Racing

Name: WAO Racing
Title: Get Smoked
Member`s Gallery

So when are we going to see a race ?

I geuss if they are so insane they shouldnt be scared to make the
trip down LOONEY LANE!
RFPR
Zex

Gone but not forgotten, may you rest in peace my friend!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #92
BFD99

Name: BFD99
Title: The Stig
Member`s Gallery
wow, what a crazy thread, we have run both Doug's Files and Dj's and some others from other tuners as well, what i can say is this, Doug has the Best tow file out there. I can also say that we run the Looney everyday because it works the best for everyday driving and really screams. Now for the track, we have a Gonzo from doug that is really hard to drive everyday with the converter lock, but if you keep your foot in it, it will really run like a striped A$$ ape. We do have a Street Gonzo file that runs really great too, but the looney has a little bit more oomph because it feels alittle bit stronger, shifts at 4k rpms whereas dougs shifts at about 3800 rpms and the looney has more smoke too.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #93
BowtiedCTD

Name: BowtiedCTD
Title: CHIVE ON
Member`s Gallery
So how bout this... they both write a tune for my truck, i run it and see who's is better.....seems like it is the easiest way to solve this keyboard pissin match.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #94
djdieseltech

Name: djdieseltech
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Abrannan,

I read the whole thread and Vivian didn't say anything that is not true. You, on the otherhand couldn't defend and resulted to name calling. If you're going to call a person older than you an A-hole atleast have the respect to say Mister A-hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19
..i was running 22.5's at suncoast.

an additional 500 pds over stock. with stock headbolts.
show me a comparable dyno.

this was last weekend dyno with out spray.

and that was with a cracked up pipe.
The cracked up pipe usually happens when you put big injectors in. The heat and the pressure cracks the pipes.

DJ

Old 05-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #95
Abrannan19

Member`s Gallery
I didn't call you or anybody else a-hole. reread the post.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #96
Extended Power

Name: Extended Power
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Here is my thoughts:

If you can't "AFFORD" to pay a small price like $50.00 for a tune that you are going to run everyday, don't buy it. Run what you got, and be quite.
It's guys who want "FREE" tunes that caused a whole knew kind of hurt to the aftermarket tuners.
Vendors did give out tunes to: "Try it before you buy it". That lead to no one actually paying for ANY tunes for awhile.
The only saving grace to the vendors was when our trucks got reflashed for some reason, and we had to get a new tune. Then we started looking for more "FREE" hand outs from the guys that actually took the time to develope the tunes, and make them work like they do.

I say that if you want to have, or try, a tune from a vendor that you did not actually purchase anything from in the past, it should be up to the vendor to say if you get a tune for "FREE", or not.

Now-a-days...what's $50.00? (A lunch out with a friend)

If It Ain't Broke...Fix It Until It Is!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #97
Abrannan19

Member`s Gallery
this thread isn't about free tunes.

this is about a good tune. end of story.

I'm done with the pissin match..I never should have started. its childish.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #98
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
Alright, I think everyone has said there peace. It sucks that this thread went down this road. Congrats on the new tune Richard.

Closed Thread