Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 10:52 PM   #21
Bigrednightmare

Name: Bigrednightmare
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
And in response to your post I have not thrown a single part in the truck and I don't plan to do so until I'm fully confident in what I do will fix the issue, I can't speak for the other shops and why they did what they did but I do agree that it's a little ridiculous.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #22
PRINCETON_JAKE

Name: PRINCETON_JAKE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So the shop that found the "gas" in the fuel was the shop that originally put a used Motor in 3 months prior?

Old 02-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #23
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise guy View Post
not to be a dick but all three shops need to start DIAGNOSING not guessing. this is exactly why the 6.0 gets bad reputation!!!! valve job, injector job, and trans overhaul for misfire .....Really?????? 6.0 is as about as simple as it gets on a modern diesel..... proper tools and procedures will identify problem quickly. So called" DIESEL SHOPS" give these trucks bad name . fuel pressure ? under load ? volume? quality? oil full? quality? misfire under load should be easy to identify with ids every misfire will be logged single cylinder? multiple cyl misfire? say has new injectors new oem ? or rebuilt by hillbilly bob? 05 federal trucks will not have maf if harness has takeout for iat sensor. Why are we questioning the cam and crank sensor 10 minutes with 2 channel lab scope will tell you if they are good or bad. F@ck it just throw another 100 bucks in parts maybe this will fix it.
Because unplugging a sensor and ohming is cheaper than a ****ing lab scope you silly cock smoker.

And yes. The 6 liter is a piece of ****. No one gave it a name It didn't earn. As with all of the engines Navi has pedaled since the early 2000s. If a modern diesel engine can't push 500k without big iron being pulled off, it's a bag of dicks.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 02-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #24
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
In light of the other posts you made, I took more offense than perhaps I should, but that condescending bull**** you posted is not warranted.

It is simple enough to say to investigate a sensor, utilizing whatever tools you have, and suggest what need be used.

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 03-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #25
renegade

Name: renegade
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I am a Certified Master auto and truck Tech, light and heavy duty, with 40+ years of experience (fortunately now retired) and you seem to have the correct approach to fixing the problem, yes some times you just have to throw a part at something, but only after due diligence. The prior shops may be good shops but they seem to be very big on if we replace enough parts maybe it will work. And to the poster that said you could test the sensors with an ohmmeter, sometimes, sometimes not, a sensor can ohm out within spec but still show up bad on a lab scope, especially when it seems to be a heat related issue. Worked on a 6.0 once that had a very intermittent miss when warm, somebody had put a plastic washer on the ground pigtail for the FICM, when it got warm and the stars aligned it missed, hit a bump, miss went away, hit another it came back, found that one by accident.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #26
will24

Name: will24
Title: That guy
Member`s Gallery
I'm going to be the outcast here... What oil and how many miles??

Sent from my flashscan v2

Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #27
will24

Name: will24
Title: That guy
Member`s Gallery
And is it aerated.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #28
vinniehobart

Name: vinniehobart
Member`s Gallery
so a 03 motor in a 05 truck. what was all swapped over? did they just extend the ICP sensor to reach the HPOP? What was all used for the 03 swap? PCM? etc.

2006 F250 6.0 single cab gearhead tuning SX-E S369 RCD 250/150 injectors, Thumper 2, stock 224k mile trans!! 7.90 @89MPH!!

Old 03-11-2016, 06:56 AM   #29
vinniehobart

Name: vinniehobart
Member`s Gallery
also, what FICM is being used?

2006 F250 6.0 single cab gearhead tuning SX-E S369 RCD 250/150 injectors, Thumper 2, stock 224k mile trans!! 7.90 @89MPH!!

Old 03-11-2016, 07:27 AM   #30
proctors garage

Name: proctors garage
Member`s Gallery
I'm just getting over the headache of a truck that sounds just like this. I checked and rechecked everything and finally hit the wall. It started great and idled smooth nothing on contribution test. I had a custom tune written for the ECM that raised ICP pressures. and it helped the miss that would start at about 2000 rpm. it was worse under load. this truck also had just had a set of injectors installed about 3500 miles earlier. injectors came from a man well know in the 6.0 injector building world. After the tune helped the miss I went ahead and replaced injectors again and the problem was fixed. I'm pretty sure this was caused from dirty fuel after I removed the fuel filter/pump on the frame to clean it out it was pretty overwhelmed.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #31
95cummins5.9

Name: 95cummins5.9
Title: Old man ***** gossiper
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Because unplugging a sensor and ohming is cheaper than a ****ing lab scope you silly cock smoker.

And yes. The 6 liter is a piece of ****. No one gave it a name It didn't earn. As with all of the engines Navi has pedaled since the early 2000s. If a modern diesel engine can't push 500k without big iron being pulled off, it's a bag of dicks.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #32
Bigrednightmare

Member`s Gallery
The problem has yet to be solved, lots of checking and coming up dry, the only thing I keeping seeing happen is the icp voltage jumps all over the place when the stumble happens, but the pressure does not change and will stay steady ��, but I'm not sure that's what causing it , this thing has already had the icp sensor and harness replaced atleast twice, so I'm not sure. I may take a video tomorrow and post it

Old 03-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #33
Bigrednightmare

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCETON_JAKE View Post
So the shop that found the "gas" in the fuel was the shop that originally put a used Motor in 3 months prior?
Yes the shop that put the engine in found gas in the system after the truck died going down the interstate

Old 03-23-2016, 11:07 PM   #34
Bigrednightmare

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniehobart View Post
so a 03 motor in a 05 truck. what was all swapped over? did they just extend the ICP sensor to reach the HPOP? What was all used for the 03 swap? PCM? etc.
I'm unsure of how they went about doing the swap. I think they used everything from the 03 but I'm not 100%

Old 06-03-2016, 09:43 AM   #35
L6powered

Name: L6powered
Member`s Gallery
any updates????

Old 06-03-2016, 11:13 PM   #36
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by will24 View Post
I'm going to be the outcast here... What oil and how many miles??

Quote:
Originally Posted by will24 View Post
And is it aerated.

Even fukkin better what kinda low pressure oil do you have. I'd almost bet it's not electrical

Ryan
BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Closed Thread