Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
03BlackWidow

Name: 03BlackWidow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I would go straight to Eric for tunes also, I had mine within 2hours of calling. I bought over $13k of elites stuff (heads, turbo, injectors, fuel system etc..) and they couldnt take the time to send me a couple new tunes for a different turbo. never got any help just left messages that were never returned.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #22
xcablb7

Name: xcablb7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
eric sent me a tune a few minutes ago and the customer bought the pro race software so we can make future changes if neccesary

Old 08-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #23
diesel59

Name: diesel59
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVoltage View Post
The high power compounds.Got billed in April,didn't get shipped till July after phone calls every two weeks,and being told every two weeks it'll be a couple weeks.When they finally shipped about seventy percent of the kit showed up with absolutely no install instructions so I didn't even know if I had all the parts,I about had to beg for a set of instructions.A week later another two boxes show up with some pipes,a week after that another box with coolant lines and other parts.Had to call again to get the intake tubes they forgot to send.Oh yeah when the instructions finaaly got sent they were incomplete,nothing about the wastegate regulators or oil and coolant lines.Numerous phone calls later finally got them.Many calls were never returned.Even after I told them I didn't want to come on the forums and bash them,they still refused to get their **** together.
Tadd went smart-ass on me,telling me if I didn't like the product I could send it back.Yeah,right the cab's off the truck and 80% of the work is done that ain't happenin'.Anybody think I oughta back charge them for all the extra time and fabbing that went into this "kit"?
Wow thats pretty bad of Elite to do that to you.I myself would have not even began to install all of that garbage on the truck,would have sent it right back to begin with.Hacks for sure.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #24
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
well with eric's tune the truck still won't spool but goes real good for about 10 seconds then shakes violently starts skipping and stalls

Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #25
lubeowner

Name: lubeowner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcablb7 View Post
well with eric's tune the truck still won't spool but goes real good for about 10 seconds then shakes violently starts skipping and stalls
I would think that as big as that turbo is you will have a pretty hard time spooling it on the street. Did you get the rpms up to 3000?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #26
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
no we didn't but it isn't much bigger than my a5k that is fine on the street. the bigger issue is the stalling and skipping

Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
lubeowner

Member`s Gallery
In skipping do you mean missing?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #28
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
uh yeah misfiring, it's also missing 10 minutes of running well, lol. it doesn't do it with the sct preloaded tune but it doesn't go well either, i need to ck a few things then call eric

Old 08-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
CanadianRedneck

Name: CanadianRedneck
Member`s Gallery
Do you have a scanner to check if you have any problem injectors?? Could be more than a tuning issue.

Tyler

Old 08-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #30
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
yeah it came up with a po256 cyl 3 once but i cleared it and it didn't come back, and if it is an injector issue elite will have some serious explaining to do

Old 08-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #31
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Sorry for your bad luck, that sucks.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #32
06TWO50Diesel

Name: 06TWO50Diesel
Title: kinda goin somewhere fast
Member`s Gallery
in that whole post, I read one thing... soot-elite injectors-225s. Welcome to your new life. The soot won't go ANYWHERE haha I have the same exact problem. I'm running a smaller turbo, granted, but no one has ever seen a truck smoke like this. I need videos. My local track (atco raceway) has waited 2 minutes before letting the next run go because of my smoke.
I've come to the point that the nozzles on the 225s flow closer to 275s and just effect the truck in all those ways.

I hope you get this worked out, sucks when you do all this work and nothing seems to work right. Been there too many times.

Crew Cab Short Bed
Click the image to open in full size.
613rwhp on FUEL ONLY!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #33
lubeowner

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
in that whole post, I read one thing... soot-elite injectors-225s. Welcome to your new life. The soot won't go ANYWHERE haha I have the same exact problem. I'm running a smaller turbo, granted, but no one has ever seen a truck smoke like this. I need videos. My local track (atco raceway) has waited 2 minutes before letting the next run go because of my smoke.
I've come to the point that the nozzles on the 225s flow closer to 275s and just effect the truck in all those ways.

I hope you get this worked out, sucks when you do all this work and nothing seems to work right. Been there too many times.
I have read the this post a couple of times and just can't figure out what soot is. Do you mean lawsuit?

I also don't follow the the bolded part either.

Not trying to be an ass I just don't understand your post, sorry.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #34
xcablb7

Member`s Gallery
Well in the first post i screwed up they are actually elite 295's, the smoke and soot that comes out the tailpipe shut down the highway the other night!!! even with the high beams on people couldn't see !!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #35
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
Hell my 190's leave soot all over the bumper and rear of the bed. 295's have to be horrible for a daily.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #36
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
Hell my 190's leave soot all over the bumper and rear of the bed. 295's have to be horrible for a daily.
I had people flipping me off with 225's. There is no way an Elite "295" will ever be streetable. No matter what turbo set-up you are running. And the stumble may be you running out your HPOP system. those injectors are bigger than the system can support IMO. I saw a good dip in the midrange rpm's with the 225's in high pressure oil.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #37
Santa Gertrudis

Name: Santa Gertrudis
Title: 6.4LTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like nothing but headaches when you go above 200s

2010 F-250 CC SB 4x4

It's got a chip in it

Deranged Performance

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #38
hpprose

Name: hpprose
Title: In the Dark
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVoltage View Post
I don't get this shot? I featured the High Power twins in Diesel Power last year. This is not the same set up that Dan is running. Take a look at this page. http://www.elitedieseleng.com/turbo60hpc.htm

Down at the bottom is a photo of the set-up. Notice the lp turbo outlet runs over the FICM and around. Your lp outlet makes a quick 90 degree turn.

That doesn't make since. Your kit looks like the old way Tadd used to do it. When did you buy this? You paid for them in April of what year? 07 or 08?

My life is like my license plate.

Everything is right side up, but feels upside down.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #39
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #40
lubeowner

Member`s Gallery
IMO, I think that may be a change so that the stock overflow bottle can be retained.

Closed Thread