front spring upgrade ?

Mazak

I have a 06 4x4 QCSB which has a leveling kit on it.

I want to return to stock height (or less) to reverse level it.

Is there a "better" spring than OEM ? Maybe softer ?

I too have always wondered this. I know thuren has "soft ride" coils but only in 2" and 3" lift heights according to their website. Let us know if you find anything.

Thuren has 1/2" lift coils that's not listed on his website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hmm... I've got them on my 04 so he must have quit getting them made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Geez , I have been googling and can't even find a stock part #. Moog does not have one ......
Anyone have a part # for a stock one ?

I have a set of factory front coil springs from a 05 QCSB 4wd that we’re removed at 70k. I can work someone a deal being they are taking up space in the shop.

Might even have a factory part number on them still. I can verify if need be.

I have tried 1500 springs and power wagon springs with no luck.
I bet some 2500 gasser springs would be closer.

The thing with springs you'll have to remember is, they get stiffer when you reduce coils. If you just chop one of your coils off, you might not like the ride quality.

You could do some homework, find out the stock diesel spring rate, find out the stock 1500 spring rate, and then see how many coils you'd need to remove from the 1500 to match it. Then build a coil spacer for the difference if you wanted height back.

There's also plenty of places that'll make you springs to your liking, they're just pricey.

One more thing, on my 97, I went to much stiffer springs in an attempt to make it handle better. It did definitely handle turning events better (on ramps, fast maneuvers, hard braking), but holy cow did it turn the truck into an uncomfortable driver.

I have tried 1500 springs and power wagon springs with no luck.
I bet some 2500 gasser springs would be closer.

The thing with springs you'll have to remember is, they get stiffer when you reduce coils. If you just chop one of your coils off, you might not like the ride quality.

You could do some homework, find out the stock diesel spring rate, find out the stock 1500 spring rate, and then see how many coils you'd need to remove from the 1500 to match it. Then build a coil spacer for the difference if you wanted height back.

There's also plenty of places that'll make you springs to your liking, they're just pricey.

One more thing, on my 97, I went to much stiffer springs in an attempt to make it handle better. It did definitely handle turning events better (on ramps, fast maneuvers, hard braking), but holy cow did it turn the truck into an uncomfortable driver.

Thanks for the info.

What are the names of a couple places that will make the coils ?

Thanks for the info.

What are the names of a couple places that will make the coils ?

Peterson Fluid Systems is an option.
You should measure the OD you need, understand the weight, and then do the math to understand the height and spring rate to have your ride height where you want it and stiffness. Then you can take those specs and have springs made.

Typically if you're just buying custom springs, you'll get OD, unsprung height, and spring rate.

So this is not true ? Or
There is nothing less than 1/2 ?

I believe to achieve 1/2" of lift you can buy his 2500 hemi coils that lift a hemi 2" but I am not 100 % correct on that.

I specifically asked if he makes lowering springs. His response was no.

Found out there are 7 , yes seven , different springs for the 2500 4x4 with a cummins .
Going to have some custom ones made 1" lower than stock.

Had to call a dealer and give them my vin to determine which spring came on my truck so the shop could determine how to make spring

Back