Upgrading brakes. Is there any new wisdom with hydroboost conversions? Kits?

Begle1

I'm looking to replace my braking system, between my pedal and slave cylinders.

I'd like to go hydroboost. Does anybody have experience with any of the "conversion kits" or have a list of parts to buy?

I don't have access to any good junkyards, and I'd rather use new stuff. But I'm a cheapskate too so if the best answer is to buy a $500 Astrovan and steal parts off it I could maybe do that.

I'm looking to replace my braking system, between my pedal and slave cylinders.

I'd like to go hydroboost. Does anybody have experience with any of the "conversion kits" or have a list of parts to buy?

I don't have access to any good junkyards, and I'd rather use new stuff. But I'm a cheapskate too so if the best answer is to buy a $500 Astrovan and steal parts off it I could maybe do that.
Exactly what I've seen done, late 90's GM light duty parts. Even the new kits seem to just be bracketry to utilize those boosters from what I've seen.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I'm a diy typically, but as I age, I've started paying for the convenience of one stop shopping.
If parts sourcing is an issue in a water locked location, a kit may be the way to go.

Assuming that I want to "future-proof" myself for having rear disks in the future...

Would it be a problem if I got a master-cylinder designed for 4-wheel disks, and used it for a while on front disks/ rear drums?

Assuming that I want to "future-proof" myself for having rear disks in the future...

Would it be a problem if I got a master-cylinder designed for 4-wheel disks, and used it for a while on front disks/ rear drums?
My brain isn't wanting to compute whether a snubber/bias valve is required of if the flow for the rear bias will be insufficient for the rear cylinders if you do that.

I’m not a fan of the company but the FFS (far from stock) kits looks pretty slick. Likely the kit I will go with on my next project. Price is crazy, company is pretty BRO but looks good and appears to have some quality stuff. And I’m sure I’ve spent way more on way less when it comes to these old turds..

So how "universal" are master cylinders, really?

It sounds like I'll want to use a disk/drum master cylinder for the time being, and then bolt on a disk/disk master cylinder when I go to rear-wheel disks.

I know I can get a disk/drum master cylinder off of a '98 G2500, but where could I get a disk/disk master cylinder to fit onto that hydrobooster?

I certainly expect that I'd be able to find something that would fit but I want to make 100% sure before I start on the project.

Back