Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling > 2WD Pullers
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
NADM 2wd

Seriously considering letting you guys in to the 4x4 classes.

What would you like to see?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
kino_fab

Name: kino_fab
Title: KTPA Tech Official
Member`s Gallery
same rules as the 4x4 guys, but allow a 30" hitch just for the 2wds.

Tech Official for:
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
2wpuller

Name: 2wpuller
Title: letting the smoke fly
Member`s Gallery
Show me the money.

Just kidding alittle Gene that cool I agree with Kino-fab for the superstreet on down.the mod class I running 18.4x 16.1 rear tire there 44" tall the30" hitch is what other org.are running.I will get you the chassy rules for the mods.

Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
MCS MidwestPerformanceDiesel
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
2wpuller

Member`s Gallery
The rules that I found won't let me copy and past so it is going to take me awhile to type them all out.

Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
I haven't sled pulled enough to know all the different sanctioning bodies rules on 2wd pullers, but I don't want to pull in a separate class just cuz I'm 2wd. Kinda like being a girl that likes to work on trucks and hunt and fish and do "boy things" if I can't hang then that's my problem. Don't make concessions cuz my truck isn't 4wd, I don't like double standards like that even when they're too my benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
WanaDmxsub

Name: WanaDmxsub
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
For the WS 30".
We will just have to let people know that if they do this to get to 30" they WILL bend the stock hitch. This one bent on the first pull that day, but did survive a 2nd pull.

My preference would be separate classes for 2wd. But we don't have the #'s for that.
'04 C2500HD D/A LS EC SB, Chrome Nerf bars, Grandson's "throne", Prodigy, Weatherflector, Breezer, A.R.E. Z w/accordion boot, Bedrug, H2's, Bilsteins, Predator, VR Straps, Bowtie Flag, Mag-Hytec's, SPA Boost/EGT, Katless 4", BigMouth Grille, SD Manifold, .50 Hot Rod Allison/TTS triple, Airlift Superduty bags, Banks Bighead, Fugly '06 Mirrors

Last edited by WanaDmxsub; 10-03-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
2wpuller

Member`s Gallery
That hitch has a lot of leverageon twisting the receiver but that is a quik fix to get to 30" Raise the back of the truck up 3to4 in. and block the sus, then you could lower the ring and not put strain on the receiver.what do you think.
I wouldn't mind pulling a street 2wd in the same class as the 4x4 in a street truck.

I want to pull with the mod 4x4 to see how we compete with our mod 2wd We should be close.

Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
2wpuller

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewgirl View Post
I haven't sled pulled enough to know all the different sanctioning bodies rules on 2wd pullers, but I don't want to pull in a separate class just cuz I'm 2wd. Kinda like being a girl that likes to work on trucks and hunt and fish and do "boy things" if I can't hang then that's my problem. Don't make concessions cuz my truck isn't 4wd, I don't like double standards like that even when they're too my benefit.
I haven't seen any rules for street 2wd yet but most of them have a 30" hitch height and solid rear sus.

The rules I have looked at are for Modifid truck with tube chassis and tilt bodies that or the rules we will be following the motor rule will be the same one as the mod,Diesels for NADM,DHRA the tire size is 18.4x16.1 cepeck 44"ht

Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Wheel toters rock.
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
2wpuller

Member`s Gallery
I tried to doe some editing to put a stack out of the hood and some smoke but didn't work.Ours is 2007 dodge body will be blackcherry with some kind of graficks.
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
WanaDmxsub

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wpuller View Post
That hitch has a lot of leverageon twisting the receiver but that is a quik fix to get to 30" Raise the back of the truck up 3to4 in. and block the sus, then you could lower the ring and not put strain on the receiver.what do you think.
I wouldn't mind pulling a street 2wd in the same class as the 4x4 in a street truck.

I want to pull with the mod 4x4 to see how we compete with our mod 2wd We should be close.

Dale
My truck has the 2 piece drive shaft. If I lift the back to high it vibrates really bad. I decided to try it this way, this time, knowing that I might bend it. The hitch bending was just the excuss I needed to buy the new one I really wanted
'04 C2500HD D/A LS EC SB, Chrome Nerf bars, Grandson's "throne", Prodigy, Weatherflector, Breezer, A.R.E. Z w/accordion boot, Bedrug, H2's, Bilsteins, Predator, VR Straps, Bowtie Flag, Mag-Hytec's, SPA Boost/EGT, Katless 4", BigMouth Grille, SD Manifold, .50 Hot Rod Allison/TTS triple, Airlift Superduty bags, Banks Bighead, Fugly '06 Mirrors

Old 10-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
dieselscout

Name: dieselscout
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I say yes. Let them hook. Give them the hitch height and blocked rear ends.
BLACK CLOUD Puliing Team

Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #13
malibu795

Name: malibu795
Title: 2wd numb nut
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselscout View Post
I say yes. Let them hook. Give them the hitch height and blocked rear ends.
x2 till other wise demmed nessarsary to add/modifiy said rules
30" hitch
block suspension
any non-cut DOT tire
trac bars.

the short wheel base trucks are going to have a hard time with u-joints binding if they raise the rear too much.
unless they re-angle the axle for said amount of lift.
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull sailor

Old 10-04-2008, 02:15 AM   #14
Fireman450

Name: Fireman450
Title: Daring to be diffrent!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kino_fab View Post
same rules as the 4x4 guys, but allow a 30" hitch just for the 2wds.
X2.... I wouldnt mind it a bit to run with the 4x4 guys. Its just going to take a while for a true 2wd class to catch on.

Fireman450
Play Toy:1994 Dodge 12V, SMOKE SHOWIN! 2WD Pulling Team. vs. 3.0 in progress. Thanks to Northeast Diesel, MUMAU DIESEL , PullTech Chassis & Fab, Cooper High Performance, SKPP, Joe Gibbs Racing/Driven Racing Oils and all my friends and family!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
2wpuller

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanaDmxsub View Post
My truck has the 2 piece drive shaft. If I lift the back to high it vibrates really bad. I decided to try it this way, this time, knowing that I might bend it. The hitch bending was just the excuss I needed to buy the new one I really wanted
Yes I understand that.That is why Kurt had driveshaft problem to.We all got to have some kind reson to get somthing bigger and badder
I realy beleave there is going to be more 2wd comming out now that you guy's have gotten some exposure

We will have our truck out this coming year.Will be like the one in the pic above with only a stack and lot's of smoke comming out of the hood.
Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
ShowMePerformance
Snow Performance

Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Also drive shaft loops......

Old 10-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
After reading this thread I'm starting to wonder what all I should do to my truck before I pull.......
I'm (probably) never gonna be a serious pulling competitor with this truck. But it is a blast to hook and I'll do it occaisionally. But even in it's current slow and underpowered state maybe I should do some mods to it to make it safer and less likely too break........
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Old 10-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
malibu795

Name: malibu795
Title: 2wd numb nut
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
After reading this thread I'm starting to wonder what all I should do to my truck before I pull.......
I'm (probably) never gonna be a serious pulling competitor with this truck. But it is a blast to hook and I'll do it occaisionally. But even in it's current slow and underpowered state maybe I should do some mods to it to make it safer and less likely too break........
insert get *better clutch*

run under weight
les agressive tires
99 FL60 mutt
Quote:
smooth seas never made a skillfull sailor

Old 10-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #19
kino_fab

Name: kino_fab
Title: KTPA Tech Official
Member`s Gallery
one other thing I have been thinking about. We have 3 different 2wd classes in ky that I know of that uses DOT uncut tires and standard wheel bases. Those classes being:

5200lb Mod Stock 2wd: N/A Gassers, around 700-850hp, 1 ton rearend, fully welded rear suspensions and custom drawbar hitches

5500lb Prostreet 2wd: Same class as above, but they allow 2 ton rearends.

5800lb Prostock 2wd: Same class as above, but they allow 2 ton rearends and als allow "welded up heads" raising the HP to around 850-1000hp naturally aspirated.

All 3 of these classes are very competitive, and have some great running trucks. Though in the Mod Stock 2wd class, every truck usually goes through about 2 or 3 rearends each season. What I am worried about is when a 2wd diesel truck using a stock apearing 1 ton rearend gets dead hooked and starts pulling the front wheels on an 8000 or 8500lb truck, how long is it going to last? All season, or the first 5 feet with the tires in the air? If it were me I would want to run a rearend from maybe a 4500 or 5500 series truck just so it will hold up.

As far as the hitch bending goes, maybe they will allow the 2wds to run a chain to the goose neck ball.

Tech Official for:

Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #20
WanaDmxsub

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wpuller View Post
I tried to doe some editing to put a stack out of the hood and some smoke but didn't work.Ours is 2007 dodge body will be blackcherry with some kind of graficks.
That is a really kool looking truck. Can't wait to see yours.

Quote:
One thing you will notice is that (most of the time) it's the 4wd components that are breaking (stuff we don't have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino_fab View Post
one other thing I have been thinking about. We have 3 different 2wd classes in ky that I know of that uses DOT uncut tires and standard wheel bases. Those classes being:

5200lb Mod Stock 2wd: N/A Gassers, around 700-850hp, 1 ton rearend, fully welded rear suspensions and custom drawbar hitches

5500lb Prostreet 2wd: Same class as above, but they allow 2 ton rearends.

5800lb Prostock 2wd: Same class as above, but they allow 2 ton rearends and als allow "welded up heads" raising the HP to around 850-1000hp naturally aspirated.

All 3 of these classes are very competitive, and have some great running trucks. Though in the Mod Stock 2wd class, every truck usually goes through about 2 or 3 rearends each season. What I am worried about is when a 2wd diesel truck using a stock apearing 1 ton rearend gets dead hooked and starts pulling the front wheels on an 8000 or 8500lb truck, how long is it going to last? All season, or the first 5 feet with the tires in the air? If it were me I would want to run a rearend from maybe a 4500 or 5500 series truck just so it will hold up.

As far as the hitch bending goes, maybe they will allow the 2wds to run a chain to the goose neck ball.
The chevy hitch is a known weak point even for daily towing...it was just a mater of time before it needed to be replaced...pullin' a sled or the TT.

Closed Thread