2.6 Turbo rule for 2010

It has been proven on a dyno that a bushed charger makes more HP than the same native charger. If you want to run a bushed charger step up to the 2.8.

Whos side are you for here?

I cant stand the fact the a local guy i know bought a 2600$ ED charger for the 2.6 class and that is okay but if a guy buys a 1000-1200$ dollar charger and throw a hundred dollar bushing in it, that is not okay. If there was a easy way to set it say at a factory production 2.6 wheel, then fantastic. Who in the hell would be able tell if it is a factory wheel or not? If the comment about running a 2.8 bushed to a 2.6, then step up to the 2.8 class was directed towards my turbo, then i will say hows that fair. I will drive mine to the pulls. The 2.8 class is not street drivin and we all know that. They are just 3.0 pullers without the open driveline. Why not tell them to step up a class? And my point being with all this, where do you stop? Everybody wants it fair but hates rules. They cannot tech all turbos fairly so just make it simple with the 2.6 plug. Tim

Whos side are you for here?

I cant stand the fact the a local guy i know bought a 2600$ ED charger for the 2.6 class and that is okay but if a guy buys a 1000-1200$ dollar charger and throw a hundred dollar bushing in it, that is not okay. If there was a easy way to set it say at a factory production 2.6 wheel, then fantastic. Who in the hell would be able tell if it is a factory wheel or not? If the comment about running a 2.8 bushed to a 2.6, then step up to the 2.8 class was directed towards my turbo, then i will say hows that fair. I will drive mine to the pulls. The 2.8 class is not street drivin and we all know that. They are just 3.0 pullers without the open driveline. Why not tell them to step up a class? And my point being with all this, where do you stop? Everybody wants it fair but hates rules. They cannot tech all turbos fairly so just make it simple with the 2.6 plug. Tim

No sides, just seeing too many guys bushing down big chargers for a 2.6. Get a wheel with a 2.6 inducer.

No sides, just seeing too many guys bushing down big chargers for a 2.6. Get a wheel with a 2.6 inducer.

I agree with you on this but i dont know how to change it. Smokin Flatbed drove his truck 3 hrs to Schieds last year with his silver bullet 66 and got turned away and not allowed to pull. Yet Schied, E.D. 465s fit the class? Which one do you think is the more Illegal, non streetable turbo? Im not trying to get anybody upset here, but come on people. If you want to spend the money for a custom charger then be my guest. Thats just not my way to go with the grain especially when it involves that much money.

Furthermore, why are we even having this conversation for a workstock class as it is at schieds. Non of us have work trucks.

I do agree that getting an S510 and throwing a 2.6 cover on it is kinda pointless (although I would like to see some one try it)

Fact is, the work stock class has almost disapeard and is now the 2.6 class. My biggest grip is to keep the 2.6 class as cloe to a "Street" class as possible. Im not bashing anyone, but there are a lot of guys out there with purpose built trucks that should be running 2.8/3.0. What fun is that? Throw a check at Scheids or haisleys and go whip up on the guys that are just trying to break into the national ranks.... doesnt sounds right.

How to make this more of a street class and make everyone happy....now there is the question!

This has become a 100% pointless debate.

We all know what the right thing to do is. However...

a) organizations/techs don't have the inclination or time to inspect wheels;
b) pullers whine like little girls if they're asked to remove their compressor cover. Some wouldn't even have the foggiest idea how.

Therefore the rule will stand and anything said to the contrary will be shot down. And you can take that to the bank.

why is it when someones looses they whine about this or that. i have an idea to shut everyone up all the promoters need to get together and design a turbo for 2.6 one for each engine. and you either run that turbo or you dont pull. maby that will stop the crying. but i doubt it because someone will always have more money or more brains than the other guy and they will start whining over something else.

Its pretty easy to keep S400 base turbos out of a 2.6 class and others like GT42 and even k31s . GZZ tho sleddy should knoiw this it was in a DHRA rule years ago if I remember wright

my plan was to run a GT4094 back cut to 2.6 and gated
Do not waste your money. That isnt enough.
This has become a 100% pointless debate.

We all know what the right thing to do is. However...

a) organizations/techs don't have the inclination or time to inspect wheels;
b) pullers whine like little girls if they're asked to remove their compressor cover. Some wouldn't even have the foggiest idea how.

Therefore the rule will stand and anything said to the contrary will be shot down. And you can take that to the bank.
Bingo! To me the best rules would 2.6" inducer max. the Wheel tip must protude into the 2.6 bore. Then pick an exducer limit. But that is a pain to tech. Pulling covers is a pain and meaure wheels with odd number blade counts is another pain.

Simple rule for simple people. The rest of will play where there is no limits and a lot less whining.
66mm inducer, 105 exducer
Way to F - up my avatar!:hehe:

Fact is, the work stock class has almost disapeard and is now the 2.6 class. !
Not so. NADM WS has been the largest class this year, I would say almost double in size from 08.

The 2.6s ran from the 2.8 when it got too hot, now the WS are running from the 2.6.

Bingo! To me the best rules would 2.6" inducer max. the Wheel tip must protude into the 2.6 bore. Then pick an exducer limit. But that is a pain to tech. Pulling covers is a pain and meaure wheels with odd number blade counts is another pain.

Simple rule for simple people. The rest of will play where there is no limits and a lot less whining.
Way to F - up my avatar!:hehe:

I agree, the exducer is a pain to check, but the wheel tips extending into the bore is a good start.

I agree, the exducer is a pain to check, but the wheel tips extending into the bore is a good start.

You could make a ring with a bore the same as the max exducer. That would simplify measurement down to go or no go just like pluging the cover. But you would still need to pull the cover.

The best thought I have about that is that say the top 5 must stay after the class and pull the cover or forfeit. Still a pain. The plug is not perfect but it is so much more freindly to the tech guy.

Personally, i would say leave it like it is, with a 2.6 protrusion, or pick a 2.6 turbo that isnt made of gold, and say everybody run it, nothing else. Changing rules every year gets expensive.

Back