Need help with my Allison in my Cummins

ATS is advertising Allison swap packages. No idea how it stacks up, but they are saying they have made it plug and play.

Thanks Jeff, I just know even a mild tune on a 6.7 with twins and no defuel on the shifts will kill that trans pretty quick if its not setup correctly. Even in a medium duty application allison tells the cummins to cut back fuel on the shifts, once the shift is complete it gets its fuel back. It also limits a given amount of max torque per gear. Try taking a g56 under full boost and grabbing every gear without lifting off the throttle and see how long a 13" clutch lasts... Then look at an allison c2 and c3 clutch and compare size ... An allison shoots for a shift time of .50 seconds, during that time its in neutral, fastest time i can get without a tie up or a flare is low .3x and it works.... But its school bus shifting allison not gm shifting Allison. After i got all that figured out my p2 planet wasnt very happy 3 of them later i went billet and have been good for better then 100 passes handing that thing its ass every pass....

Back