haisley 5k gsk install problem

Jeremy001995

diesel mecanic
hey, on a 215 p7100, had 4k gsk from peak diesel that always worked good but very toutchy pedal. ordered 5k gsk from haisley from good review on the forum, had 2 hard click and 1 soft both side( around .055 stud protusion) install the haisley at the same stud protusion and click and the idle was too high and throtte was hanging/ slow to come down

at 3 click + 1 soft (around .065 stud protusion)rpm rise alone
at 1 click + 1 soft (around .045)idle good until i press the pedal it hang around 1500rpm and very slow to come down
truck always start very good with no pedal applied, all this was with no afc on the truck to adjust the gov spring.

what can cause this? 1 shim on both side under the large idle spring

tanks!!

If I’m not mistaken, all shims should be removed.

peak diesel said to not remove the large idle spring

haisley said remove all shims and reuse base shim and the idle spring

i think you are right. when i have install the peak 4k i didnt remove any shim under the base because it had none. will try without idle spring shim!

engine was missing at 2500rpm,first thinking was timing have move. i just re-check timing and all is good right on the spot. i think the soft click i feel is a hard click , will try less click when i have more time. have email haisley machine for the idle spring shims but no response yet.

I have shims removed from a 180 pump.. the small diameter for the innerspring and the larger outer shims. Is that what you're needing? Maybe post some pics?

I have shims removed from a 180 pump.. the small diameter for the innerspring and the larger outer shims. Is that what you're needing? Maybe post some pics?

dont know if i need it, i just don’t know if i keep or remove the idle spring shims, when i have install the 4k gsk 5-6 years ago i have remove the stock base but no shim behind the base or on it.

have try with 1 click and around 0.035 protusion, start right up. idle good, idle go up when warm, but popping at 2500 rpm and can’t go over 2500rpm

How many guys have found when they have done governor springs on a stock pump the shims are not what the typical factory ones are? I had a 12v 97 auto with a 180hp pump that the no tamper screw in the afc was stock and down below the other port had the wire on it still, have no shims in it. Also the timing was jacked up and I recon it was at 20-22 degrees timing.

re check timing, was good bumper it to 25* little better but when hot idle hang at 1500rpm ( cold around 1000) so i re install the 4k at 2 click idle is good hot or cold, rev to 3600 and sputter again, install intake horn and cold pipe, now free rev to 4500+

haisley 5k was suposed to be good, not for me, there is 2 shim behind the idle spring,maybe if i remove 1 each side will help the rpm hanging?

Have heard several folks say they had the pump benched with the 5ks and had them tuned in by the pump guy to get right.

with no shims and 2 click low idle(500) throttle hang, 3 click hang worse. 1 click no throttle hang but idle is low(500) cold and 1200 warm. rpm is slow to go down 1500 and less
with .010 shim and 2 clicks idle is like 1200 but it go up as the engine temp. same with only 1 click, when i have more time will test with one more click and same with the .020 shim

came back to it, with .010 shim and 3 click idle was like 2000. removed the .010 and put the .020. with 3 click idle 850 cold 1800rpm hot. with 2 click 8-900 cold and 1500 warm but tend to surge s little+- 100rpm with 1 click idle 850-900 cold and 1100 hot and same surge. best result so far was .020 shim and 2 click(.035 stud protusion) will lower the idle and try it i think!! with the old 4k from peak diesel, idle was always 850-900 cold or hot, maybe 5k are more sensitive at this!

Back