Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.4 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.4 Powerstroke Discussion pertaining to the newest-generation Powerstroke.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
HillbillyD-Luxx

Name: HillbillyD-Luxx
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
How much does it cost to EGR/DPF delete a 6.4?

My dad recently bought an '08 Ford with a 6.4L in it. I know next to nothing about these motors. He said it feels really bottled up when he's towing and gets poor fuel mileage, and asked me to look into curing this it. He's not looking for huge power gains, but really just boost his fuel mileage and not be so sluggish. I understand these trucks have an EGR/DPF setup on them, which is pretty finicky, and sometimes downright problematic. I have read that you have to delete the EGR and DPF in order to run a programmer. With that being said, how much would he be looking to spend to get these deleted and get a programmer on it? From my understanding, it is beneficial to the motor longevity to delete these, as they can cause cylinder wash down, and fuel in the oil. Also, what kind of mileage are you guys getting after the EGR/DPF delete with a programmer? Thanks.
5" Pro Comp lift

Old 06-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
It'll be a different truck deleted. Friend of mine ran a 6.4 out of warranty, it did 13.8 average in that time. He deleted it at 100,000 and it's averaged 17.9 for the last 140,000. It's a manual and he's an old truck driver so his numbers might be better than some but that's still a good improvement. The delete costs less than pretty much anything that'll go wrong with the dpf ststem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
HillbillyD-Luxx

Name: HillbillyD-Luxx
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Thanks. I guess most people say the Spartan programmer is the best all around for these motors.
5" Pro Comp lift

Old 08-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
skip the Spartan until they release their new tuner. Their old stuff definitely wouldn't be my recommendation.

EGR isn't problematic if turned off.

People way over spend on those trucks.

Closed Thread