Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
My son wants to get saved!

He just turned 5 in feb, he goes to a christian school, loves it, comes home with good grades (gets that from his mom) and learns a new bible verse every week. loves God and Loves learning about Jesus.

Well we were sitting in the living room playing Wii and it started to storm outside and he say's to me "Dad i wanna ask jesus to be my saviour" Well i paused the game and smiled. Ask him a few other questions to see how ready he was, and it's almost there, he is not 100% on the death and burial and raised from the dead part, but in a effort to support him in his soon to be life changing choice, i told him how proud of him i was and that i loved him.

We went to church sunday and i told the youth pastor and his teacher that he's been very interested in getting saved and i asked them to help him during school with any questions and maybe in bible class teach more about that topic, so he can be better grounded in Complete understanding of whats going to take place.

Im thrilled at this early decision he's wanting to make all on his own!!

Pray for him to Make his decision soon and that he will continue to grow and serve Christ.

Also Pray that His mom and I will also continue to be good examples for him to follow.

Thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
jordanjames81

Name: jordanjames81
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
My little girl of 6 just did the same. We was in church in it just happen. Was a great feeling but shocking at the same time.
Congrats on doing a good job on teching the lords name and being involed.
Amsoil oil Dealer
AirDog Fuel Systems
Farmer's Machine
AutoMeter Gauges
AFE Power
Check us out on FaceBook
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Snake

Name: Snake
Title: 40 lug nuts
Member`s Gallery
That is AWESOME! I'll keep little man in my prayers...

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
If a person is not considered an adult until 18 years in most states, not allowed to purchase tobacco, alcohol or get married, how can they make a rational unbiased decision on religion?

It does not matter how many bible verses one memorizes, who their friends are, how good of grades they make in school or if they even attend church. Matthew 7:21 If a person is brain washed into a religion all is lost. What a bitter day that is when realization sets in!

Last edited by LReiff; 05-16-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Bustedknuckles

Name: Bustedknuckles
Title: Honey Badger
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
If a person is not considered an adult until 18 years in most states, not allowed to purchase tobacco, alcohol or get married, how can they make a rational unbiased decision on religion?

It does not matter how many bible verses one memorizes, who their friends are, how good of grades they make in school or if they even attend church. Matthew 7:21 If a person is brain washed into a religion all is lost. What a bitter day that is when realization sets in!
x2......

Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
lorendiesel5.9

Name: lorendiesel5.9
Title: OG Hunnybadger
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
x2......
Wade's son probably had less brainwashing than any of us three. I'm just saying

97 #12vqclbmafia slipping auto

00 Pete 378 12.7 Detroit 10spd

03 Pete 379 6NZ Caterpillar 18spd

Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
x2......
X3

I did the same thing when I was his age. I had no understanding on what religion was, and was basicly "Coached" into getting baptized.

Not that I regret it, but now that I'm an adult I understand that it is all smoke mirrors and deception.

And with that, I am going to stop poisoning this thread.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

My son is far from brain washed in a religion----I'll say this the only way i know how too. Religion will send you to hell, ONLY Christ's Salvation WILL take you to heaven. Not religious, But Biblical.

As for me and my family, we agree that getting saved at the earlyist possible age is the best way for God to start working in anyones life. Personally i wish i got saved sooner, i would not have done half the things i did. im ashamed of my past, but Christ has brought me thru that, now i have a future to look forward to.

Personally the brain washed ones are those who look to man for guidance and security. Why? Man fails constantly With out Christ.

I put my trust and security in The one and only infalable Jesus Christ. Christ has never left my side nore will he. The bible says i can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me, This i truely believe, and live it daily.

My son see's the evidence of Christ in my life and he wants what i have, besides it's a free gift...Why woulden't anyone want it. We dont deserve it, but Christ freely gives it to us, because he loves us. All we have to do is Believe, Repent, Accept, your life will change before your eyes. Christ has changed my life 360*.....And im alive to tell about it! Amen to that.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse1812 View Post
X3

I did the same thing when I was his age. I had no understanding on what religion was, and was basicly "Coached" into getting baptized.

Not that I regret it, but now that I'm an adult I understand that it is all smoke mirrors and deception.

And with that, I am going to stop poisoning this thread.
Saying something with out complete understanding is key here! i agree 100%

this is why im trying to build a solid foundation for him to completely understand what he is going to do. It's his choice, not mine.

When he is ready the Holy spirit will convict him of his sin, and he will get saved. right now he's just curious to learn more, and wants to better understand what Christ has died for.

Baptism is to be done AFTER salvation, as it is a public profession of being saved. Baptism alone will send you to hell. And baptism is by complete submersion in water. This is all biblical, not religous.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Dboy11

Name: Dboy11
Title: Resident Closet Gay
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

What is your stance on christianity? You obviously know the bible well or can use google.

I am only asking because you seem to get on wade for anything religious, but maybe its sort of like everyone changing a thread to me being gay

Old 05-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
That's because you are gay...

Just like I'm not religious.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Thanks guys!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
LReiff

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL_POWER View Post
My son is far from brain washed in a religion----I'll say this the only way i know how too. Religion will send you to hell, ONLY Christ's Salvation WILL take you to heaven. Not religious, But Biblical.

As for me and my family, we agree that getting saved at the earlyist possible age is the best way for God to start working in anyones life. Personally i wish i got saved sooner, i would not have done half the things i did. im ashamed of my past, but Christ has brought me thru that, now i have a future to look forward to.

Personally the brain washed ones are those who look to man for guidance and security. Why? Man fails constantly With out Christ.

I put my trust and security in The one and only infalable Jesus Christ. Christ has never left my side nore will he. The bible says i can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me, This i truely believe, and live it daily.

My son see's the evidence of Christ in my life and he wants what i have, besides it's a free gift...Why woulden't anyone want it. We dont deserve it, but Christ freely gives it to us, because he loves us. All we have to do is Believe, Repent, Accept, your life will change before your eyes. Christ has changed my life 360*.....And im alive to tell about it! Amen to that.
If your son makes a commitment without having to make any changes in the way he lives, meaning that he's not old enough to be into any serious sins, then he will not realize what being a true christian is really about and one day he will wake up and call it BS.

If a person does not know what sin really is and realize that they are a bad person how can they make an unbiased decision?

Last edited by LReiff; 05-16-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
LReiff

Member`s Gallery
For the record. I do not know Wade nor have I ever met him, I've never bought a thing from him and I've never once talked to him other than making a direct post here. What I am posting is the same as I would tell anyone on this subject. I was brought up in a christian home and was brain washed at a young age. I speak from first hand experience so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by LReiff; 05-16-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
But guys, the kid will grow and learn to understand more and more on his own...He can make his own decisions later in life about his faith... This is why many folks choose to get baptized again later in ther adult lives...But if a kid says he wants to do it now, let him...

It's just like anything else in life you do because your father or mother did it...But once you get old enough, you choose to continue or do your own thing...

Old 05-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
I removed all the Junk from this thread, and suggest we keep it this way!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #17
Charger

Name: Charger
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Hey Wade, does your son like Tacos, my boy and I are religous about them and soccer

Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Hey Wade, does your son like Tacos, my boy and I are religous about them and soccer
Maybe you should read the above Post?

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
Just because it's religion doesn't mean you need to be more strict on moderating what people say. I've tried real hard to understand religion and why people make these types of choices. Threads like this make me realize why I could never be religious. People like Wade ruin any hope of someone really trying to understand it.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #20
DIESEL_POWER

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Naw, not taco's, but he loves soccer, t-ball, his fourwheeler, pretty much anything thats active, or competitive.

Closed Thread