Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Best injectors out there ?

Competition pulling motor is going in the 6.7, have ran bd and DDP in past with luck but just curious on who has the best products to offer. Am on flomax 950 lift with 12mm stroker from bd, will be on tater built he351 67/67 work stock set up. Am probably limited w 12 mm much past 850
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
LAmiller
 
LAmiller's Avatar

Name: LAmiller
Title: THE KT-BOUNDARY
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Plain City, OH
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 3,574
We have had nothing but excellent results with Exergy Performance. We run a set of 500% overs in our Pro Street truck, and for your setup I'd go with a set of 250% overs. We have a few workstock trucks with 200-250% overs a single Exergy 12mm cp3 and a tater built HE351 67/67 that have dyno'd over 900hp.

Lavon
__________________
04.5 QDLB 4x4 Diesel Power Challenge 2014/2015 Champion, ODSS 6.70 Points Champion 2015/2016
06 RaceCab 4x4 Ulimate Callout Challenge 2016, 2017, 2018 Champion, ODSS Pro Street Points Champion 2016
2016 QDLB 4x4, Firepunk EZLynk.
http://www.shop.firepunk.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
Green2015

Name: Green2015
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Dec 2015
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 327
I know S&S is running a hell of a deal 250-300% with brand new injector bodies and nozzles woth the red man upgraded internals with no core for like $4200 for 250% and 300% for like $4400. Hardway performance is selling them at that price. Can't beat that price anywhere with no cores.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green2015 View Post
I know S&S is running a hell of a deal 250-300% with brand new injector bodies and nozzles woth the red man upgraded internals with no core for like $4200 for 250% and 300% for like $4400. Hardway performance is selling them at that price. Can't beat that price anywhere with no cores.
Been leaning this way as Hardway does my tuning. I'm not sure on bd cp3 12mm capabilities but I'm sure that will be my limiting factor at some point
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
Justappumped24v
 
Justappumped24v's Avatar

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Illinois
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,178
Lenny's new machine at DDP makes the rest look prehistoric. If I was you I'd stay with DDP
__________________
05 QCSB24v just a tow pig
95 SCLB 12V UCC qualifier build
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justappumped24v View Post
Lenny's new machine at DDP makes the rest look prehistoric. If I was you I'd stay with DDP
I have built 3 trucks through them with nothing but good results. They can build any custom combo you choose. How ever last time I called and asked them to assemble a parts list for me I never was helped or calls returned after calling two more times. After spending many thousands of dollars through them I was disappointed. Not bashing their stuff bc it's good. But if they don't want my hard earned money I'll find some one who is stand up and loyal to spend it on. At any rate they are out my back door and I'd love to stay local if the customer service hadn't went to hell
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
Pvmt-Pndr
 
Pvmt-Pndr's Avatar

Name: Pvmt-Pndr
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MI
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 177
Wow you're talking some serious power out of a 67/67! That's exactly what I'm running also by tater. I like it! I'm on stock sticks and fuel too. It spools fast! As far as pulling I think it's a little big to yank 20k pounds down the road at 70 in 6th gear. 5th gear it's perfect! My egts are a little warm for being stock fueled, at least I think but nothing close to terrible by any means. I have yet to check DP with it. Currently something made it's way past my air filter so I'm going to have him put a new wheel on it and rebalance it for me before I check anything.
Sorry for the ramble but reviews on the turbo are hard to find and others may be curious
__________________
2007.5 Cummins, 4x4, RevMax 850, Locked 4:10s, ATP Tuned, Tater 67/67, AirDog 165, stockish fuel
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:44 PM   #8
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvmt-Pndr View Post
Wow you're talking some serious power out of a 67/67! That's exactly what I'm running also by tater. I like it! I'm on stock sticks and fuel too. It spools fast! As far as pulling I think it's a little big to yank 20k pounds down the road at 70 in 6th gear. 5th gear it's perfect! My egts are a little warm for being stock fueled, at least I think but nothing close to terrible by any means. I have yet to check DP with it. Currently something made it's way past my air filter so I'm going to have him put a new wheel on it and rebalance it for me before I check anything.
Sorry for the ramble but reviews on the turbo are hard to find and others may be curious
Tater almost has his 67/67 up to 1000hp. Pretty awesome stuff he's doing. Plus the reliability and quality is pretty top notch. Glad to hear yours is working well bc my 67/67 is on order.
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #9
Justappumped24v
 
Justappumped24v's Avatar

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Illinois
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtruck09 View Post
Tater almost has his 67/67 up to 1000hp. Pretty awesome stuff he's doing. Plus the reliability and quality is pretty top notch. Glad to hear yours is working well bc my 67/67 is on order.
Hardways customer service is why I left them for parts and tuning. Hopefully they figure out how to return emails and calls. S&S does make good stuff though!
__________________
05 QCSB24v just a tow pig
95 SCLB 12V UCC qualifier build
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:47 AM   #10
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Here
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justappumped24v View Post
Hardways customer service is why I left them for parts and tuning. Hopefully they figure out how to return emails and calls. S&S does make good stuff though!
I'll second this!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:11 AM   #11
Green2015

Name: Green2015
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Dec 2015
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtruck09 View Post
Been leaning this way as Hardway does my tuning. I'm not sure on bd cp3 12mm capabilities but I'm sure that will be my limiting factor at some point
They have a killer deal on s&s at hardway. 250% brand new not remans with redman body mods and no cores shipped was like $4300
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #12
Green2015

Name: Green2015
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Dec 2015
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtruck09 View Post
I have built 3 trucks through them with nothing but good results. They can build any custom combo you choose. How ever last time I called and asked them to assemble a parts list for me I never was helped or calls returned after calling two more times. After spending many thousands of dollars through them I was disappointed. Not bashing their stuff bc it's good. But if they don't want my hard earned money I'll find some one who is stand up and loyal to spend it on. At any rate they are out my back door and I'd love to stay local if the customer service hadn't went to hell
DDP doesn't offer any kinda warranty on their super mentals is what sucks. So if something fails well your screwed
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #13
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Who here runs f1 injectors? Hell of a warranty on them.
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:28 AM   #14
1stgensleeper
 
1stgensleeper's Avatar

Name: 1stgensleeper
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Modesto, California
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmiller View Post
We have had nothing but excellent results with Exergy Performance. We run a set of 500% overs in our Pro Street truck, and for your setup I'd go with a set of 250% overs. We have a few workstock trucks with 200-250% overs a single Exergy 12mm cp3 and a tater built HE351 67/67 that have dyno'd over 900hp.

Lavon
I've always been curious why these smaller turbos are ran with such large injectors? I imagine you found something in the tuning to get more power that way but are the gains that large over running something in the 100-150% range?
__________________
2006 QCLB 4x4 manual vb 47re, Savage Fab He351, exergy 100% overs, flo pro 5" exhaust
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #15
dangerous06
 
dangerous06's Avatar

Name: dangerous06
Title: diesel tech
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Escondido CA
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 3,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmtruck09 View Post
Who here runs f1 injectors? Hell of a warranty on them.
IT'S all I run Don hand builds each injector to better than new tolerances and also has that new coating available! I have like ten trucks with his injectors not a single issue! trucks run so smooth with them!
__________________
E.D. 66-74-091, T-4 exhaust, 2 Micron filter pre CP3, EFI, S&B intake, ARP 625 head studs, 182-214 Hamilton Cam,springs and push rods,40% injectors, Banks Intercooler, T&C CP-3 & PRV, Built
48RE, 5" exhaust,Carrillo rods, Pacbrake!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #16
RascalMafia
 
RascalMafia's Avatar

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: McDonough, GA
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 4,412
Banean just posted a set of Exergy 275's for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
'18 Chevy 2500
'14 Cruze Diesel - EFILive and Deletes by Oz Tuner
'08 Corvette Z06 - Vengeance Racing H/C/I, 583 rwhp
'07 Kawasaki ZX10R - 175 rwhp


  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #17
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous06 View Post
IT'S all I run Don hand builds each injector to better than new tolerances and also has that new coating available! I have like ten trucks with his injectors not a single issue! trucks run so smooth with them!
7 Years w new coating! Thatís nuts. Iíll have to call him
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #18
ramthiscummins

Name: ramthiscummins
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada EH!
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgensleeper View Post
I've always been curious why these smaller turbos are ran with such large injectors? I imagine you found something in the tuning to get more power that way but are the gains that large over running something in the 100-150% range?
I am wondering how the reliability is with running them with such large injectors?

I am also wondering if the dyno numbers have been backed up with track times?
__________________
2003 QCSB cummins, DDP 12mm CP3, DDP SM 150% overs, a turbo, Firepunk diesel 48re
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #19
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: washington
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthiscummins View Post
I am wondering how the reliability is with running them with such large injectors?

I am also wondering if the dyno numbers have been backed up with track times?
New thing is the lower pulse width/band, lotta guys running big injectors. It saves timing progression and such and longevity in motor. Iím sure some one could chime in on this. Exergy supports it I know and so does f1
__________________
Make America great again
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #20
J-Pipes
 
J-Pipes's Avatar

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Here
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 1,906
Pretty sure those 900+hp trucks mentioned are tuned/dynoed at Firepunk, so I'd think they'd be honest about it. Pretty crazy though, thinking that had been mentioned a lot lately though, to get larger than necessary injectors so the tune could be more conservative for longer life?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
__________________
2000 Dodge ext cab short bed, 6spd.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2018, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com