Lonterm effects of 4k?

'strokeThis_'07

Never really seen this asked, but just wondering what toll 4000rpm takes on the engine over time. My trucks not a racer, but a daily driver/trail ride thatll soon be lifted with 37s. Just curious if I should stick with the regular Smarty and maybe use the Race Smarty for the times Im at the track? And yes, springs will be done. Thanks

The only time your gonna see 4k is when your WOT so unless your at WOT all the time I don't think you'll have any problems at all. Just because you have 600+hp doesn't mean your using it all the time.

With springs you'll be ok, Justin Williams ran higher RPMS on stock springs and had valves hitting pistons.

I've run the 4K springs for the past 2-3 years and have the upgraded valve springs on the intake and exhaust. To date I haven't had any issues.

I don't think there actually are any ..... other than the obvious beneficial ones

Rock on to the ones that hammer down!! :rockwoot:

Don't think soo. I know my bully dog with crazy larry will fuel 3800 though. Scarry larry is suppose to fuel up to 4k I heard don't know. The PMT is coming out with adjustable rev limiter with adjustable timing, duration, and pressur as well as a few other goodies.

kino_fab said:
Has the 4K race tune from smarty been released yet?

Not yet. I believe two versions were tested today. I do believ very soon though. It'll only be released if proper mods are done to the truck; I think it'll be ruck-specific, as in VIN assigned or something.

[QUOTE='strokeThis_'07]Not yet. I believe two versions were tested today. I do believ very soon though. It'll only be released if proper mods are done to the truck; I think it'll be ruck-specific, as in VIN assigned or something.[/QUOTE]

Do they need you social secruity number, birth certificate, and drivers license number too? Just joking but what arre they gonna come personally look at your truck before they give it to you. Or do you just tell them on the phone and they take your word for it.

Kman9090 said:
Do they need you social secruity number, birth certificate, and drivers license number too? Just joking but what arre they gonna come personally look at your truck before they give it to you. Or do you just tell them on the phone and they take your word for it.

Haha, I have no idea man. Im just going by what Bob has said in posts...he said it won tbe available to the general public. So Im assuming it wont be on the website and that he'll send it to people individually, based on their mods. Maybe he'll tune in and let us know what is meant by that...

Back