Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
Nickh77

Name: Nickh77
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Newbie looking for parts

Hello all. I’ve been a part of comp d for over a year now but haven’t played around on here much. Still trying to figure out how everything works. Recently was told to check the site for a used billet intake shelf for a 12v head. I’ve got a 12v head with the shelf cut off and have had it fully ported and polished. Trying to save some money by buying a used intake but haven’t had any luck finding one yet. I’m sure I can find a used one out here somewhere. Any leads on a billet intake shelf would be much appreciated! Trying to put together a motor that will respectfully make atleast 800 horse. My truck is a 96 Dodge Ram ext. cab long bed. 4 wheel drive of course. Minor engine work as of now. Full cuts, 4ks, 5x.018’s, air dog, 1/2 fuel lines dual fed to pump. Timing is at about 19.5-20 degrees advanced. Twin horn intake horn, on3 performance intercooler. Mighty bolt head bolts. Stock valve train as far as I know. Turbo is a used charger I bought from a buddy. Unsure of what you would really consider it but it’s a stock hx35 compressor wheel and housing. Exhaust wheel is bigger though. Whistles very loud compared to a normal hx35. No idea what’s been done to it but it lights quick and works good for now so thats all I care about. Truck was damn near bone stock when I bought it. Originally an automatic. 5 speed when I bought it and after having my fun with the 5 speed I swapped it back to an auto. It now has a built 47re. Billet shafts all the way through. Rebuild kit was from Firepunk. Not sure on specifics as far as each and every little part but I did put steel 6 pinion planets in it and had the anulus’s or whatever they’re called tig welded. It’s got a Firepunk full manual valve body and I’m running a dpc triple disk converter. I use a tci outlaw shifter and have the switches for od and lock up mounted in the handle. The trans is plumbed with all steel braided lines and kept cool by a derale cooler with a mishimoto fan. Truck is very fun to drive. I put a Yukon power lock carrier in the rear diff which makes frying tires no problem at all. Goal is to eventually scrap the truck and put the motor and trans into a single cab. I have almost everything I need to put an engine together except for this bolt on intake shelf!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #2
Nickh77

Name: Nickh77
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Also I am from central ohio!

Closed Thread