6speed & big single (75mm) best way to spray no2 for spooling

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
im planning on running a s475 as a single on my truck with my 6 speed. im thinking tell i get my bigger injectors im going to need to spray it a little to keep on top of the charger when i launch and shift down the track. what would be the best way to hook the no2 up to do so?

You should not need it on the launch with a manual trans. So just rev it up and launch, then activate nitrous.

i used a toggle switch and would flip it when letting the clutch out.. but that was 3rd gear hi launching at mud bogs..

You should not need it on the launch with a manual trans. So just rev it up and launch, then activate nitrous.

agreed, hands were typing faster then my brain was thinking, i know with the stroker i could side foot it in 3rd and leave the line at about 10pounds but that was just with a 38r.

i thought it was bad to have the no2 spraying DURING the shifts?

i used it at the track with my 5sp for a few years a long time ago but only a smallish 100hp shot and i never had a problem shifting through gears then running a 14.2 or so

i used it at the track with my 5sp for a few years a long time ago but only a smallish 100hp shot and i never had a problem shifting through gears then running a 14.2 or so

what mods was you running? might be a silly question but for spooling do you tap into pre-turbo,hot or cold side?

Kind of an old thread but been thinking about it myself. Is there a way to hook up a WOT switch with a progressive controlled? U let off it stops for the shift, then back in it at a certain lower percentage to help spool it but not make things go boom with a low boost level?

i went into the hot side. i used to make a bit more power than at the time a guy (nowel thomas) that would use a bit bigger jet on the cold side.. anyway i would rev it to about 28-3000 and flip the switch and let the clutch out at the same time.. back then i was only making about 425hp and would not turn it off until the end.. anyway that worked fine and it was about 14 years ago..

Back