Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #41
jlibert

Name: jlibert
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT View Post
untested? LMFAO ok, hows this for untested. My trans brake valve body in a 904 ( thats a much smaller trans then a 727 & 618 ) in a 3600lbs car worked so good, it is a Indy US Nationals SS/D champion. Also set a NHRA national world record holder. If that is not good enough for you, nothing will be. Back to work, have a good day.
Who is running this with success in a diesel?

Old 01-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #42
jlibert

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselheaD View Post
Post #34... it's not my truck but it's painful knowing how many VB related trans issues jp has had with the goerend fmvb transbrake setup because at some point in the future I'll be in the same boat.
And to be honest I think Goerend may still be the best option out of the 3 if I had to choose today. I hope cope or suncoast can make progress with these valve bodies so we have something solid to work with. I wish cope would incorporate dump valves into his design.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #43
slownoma

Name: slownoma
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
untested? LMFAO ok, hows this for untested. My trans brake valve body in a 904 ( thats a much smaller trans then a 727 & 618 ) in a 3600lbs car worked so good, it is a Indy US Nationals SS/D champion. Also set a NHRA national world record holder. If that is not good enough for you, nothing will be. Back to work, have a good day.
No ones trying to get in an argument or disrespect anyone. We here are racers looking for solutions, answers, and results from what you and other trans builders have available.

John(CRT) can we get some followup from a diesel application that's using your vb? Mostly pertaining to the questions/issues that have been talked about in this thread.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #44
jlibert

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
I understand that and respect that. You build a good Trans for that application. In gas cars that are 2000 lbs+ lighter then ours and use rpm and hp to race. My truck makes 1900 lbs+ of torque by like 2300 rpm. I launch at 1800. I want to see this valve body in a 5000 lbs truck and see if directs hold. To my knowledge no one is able to hold directs yet. Again not intending to disrespect you , but that's a large chunk of change for something untested. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
No problem with directs in my truck. I’m not as heavy as most and making less power too, but so far so good. My issue is dropping line pressure and lockup/1-2 shift but so far that hasn’t hurt any parts.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #45
CRT

Name: CRT
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownoma View Post
No ones trying to get in an argument or disrespect anyone. We here are racers looking for solutions, answers, and results from what you and other trans builders have available.

John(CRT) can we get some followup from a diesel application that's using your vb? Mostly pertaining to the questions/issues that have been talked about in this thread.
I understand that. Its going to take some time to get my name out there, more important, get the trust from the diesel crowd. Its my goals to have the best vb on the market. Working on dump valves as we speak.

I have 727 & 904 VBs with 1st & 2nd Gear trans brake launch.
Any interested in the 618 market?

John Cope

Old 01-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #46
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Again I am not trying to give you a hard time or say your product doesn't work or discredit you. I could care less what you do in the gas world though. These trucks are different and are much heavier and make power in a different way. Giving me gas results and boasting about your past does nothing for me. Show me actual results in this application and I will move forward. How many passes does the nova or the rail get before it needs a refresh. Or one of the 7 other VB you have out there. If You can answer that Honestly we can move forward

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #47
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
And to be honest I think Goerend may still be the best option out of the 3 if I had to choose today. I hope cope or suncoast can make progress with these valve bodies so we have something solid to work with. I wish cope would incorporate dump valves into his design.

Are you referring to dumping converter pressure while staging? Or what are you looking for there

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #48
jlibert

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
Are you referring to dumping converter pressure while staging? Or what are you looking for there
Exactly. Sounds like cope is working on it.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #49
Cummins12Club

Name: Cummins12Club
Title: Happy Dinosaur
Member`s Gallery
We run a goerend t brake valve body as well. We initially had a 2-3 shift bind up that cost us an intermediate at rocky top. Other then that my complaint list is as short as JP's with it. Is it where it needs to be? No. But it's better then anything on the market today.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #50
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12Club View Post
We run a goerend t brake valve body as well. We initially had a 2-3 shift bind up that cost us an intermediate at rocky top. Other then that my complaint list is as short as JP's with it. Is it where it needs to be? No. But it's better then anything on the market today.
What is the pricing and availability on the goerend?

Old 01-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #51
jlibert

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12Club View Post
I was lucky and caught the bind on a test drive before it broke anything.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #52
BlackasCoal

Name: BlackasCoal
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I built and sold 68 of my billet trans brakes last year. All out there going rounds and winning races
Very interested in your vb. Any is it able to be or is any of those ran daily in a non race application?
07.5 MCSB, Thuren/Carli/King, 35" Toyos MT's, 17" Methods, Miller’s Machine Shop 6.4 w/ Wagler long rods, QSB pistons, 188/220 cam, Ported/big valve head, Muldoons Phat shaft 48re w/ anteater, DDP 5.9 fuel, Firepunk 66/85, Firepunk EFI

Old 01-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #53
CRT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackasCoal View Post
Very interested in your vb. Any is it able to be or is any of those ran daily in a non race application?
In every day street useage ? You will love it. Towing it's killer No jumping in-and-out of over drive while towing on the highway.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #54
CRT

Member`s Gallery
I will be lookn into them this summer

Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #55
Cummins12Club

Name: Cummins12Club
Title: Happy Dinosaur
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
What is the pricing and availability on the goerend?
They can build you one relatively quickly. We had two built in a little under 2 weeks. Call and talk to Dave about it.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #56
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
Any more movement on this? Anyone buy a cope yet to share results?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #57
DieselheaD

Name: DieselheaD
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Any more movement on this? Anyone buy a cope yet to share results?
Supposedly cope built one for lavon to use. Excited to see how a truck like his will perform with one

Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #58
slownoma

Member`s Gallery
I knew that already, just wasn't sure if it was public knowledge. Anyone else??!!

Old 12-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #59
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Open sesame.

Closed Thread