Fuel Pump

I would say driver, but how nice would it be to have 2 in tandem, one running your fuel, and the other Meth?

I know the gpm is too high for meth though.

For competition or a driver?

Competition in an organization that doesn't allow fully hydraulic ram style steering yet in 2.6, and I don't really feel like fabbing up a belt driven PS pump under the hood of my truck.

But even for a driver it would be bad ass :rockwoot:

interesting...it rang a bell.

found this on a parts engine a few years ago...part number 3916146.cummins hydraulic adapter.probably expensive as hell.this where you got the idea?

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
interesting...it rang a bell.

found this on a parts engine a few years ago...part number 3916146.cummins hydraulic adapter.probably expensive as hell.this where you got the idea?

I've got a few of those around. Same idea, just made for a different pump.

What's the latest with this setup?

Seems to be working well. Have 3 of them out, 2 on running tractors, the other one should be out soon. No formal testing done at this point, and not sure when I'll be able to. 75psi feeding a pump set at 750cc is as good as testing gets at the moment.

So this looks like it could replace the power steering pump huh? Run an electric vacuum pump, all I need vacuum for is a/c blend door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost, you can pick up some vaccume pumps off the 2002-2007 chevy trucks. They are mounted on the break booster. It would handle all your needs. Also on some Acadias/Traverse/Enclave's as well as the turbocharger Cruze'.

What are these pump originally designed to do?

They're a pretty universal reversible hydraulic pump/motor

So this looks like it could replace the power steering pump huh? Run an electric vacuum pump, all I need vacuum for is a/c blend door

It could, but if you plan on using it for power steering I would just get the pump commonly used on 4bt's that use have a regulator and reservoir.

Yeah, that would be a sweet setup I think. I was trying to get something with a little more GPM and pressure though. Maybe a 4bt pump would work good, they seem hard to find though. My PS pump just barely keeps up with what I do even after the mods I did to the regulator on it.

Anyone run a pump from a industrial motor or larger truck like a F700??

Sorry for derail.

Yeah, that would be a sweet setup I think. I was trying to get something with a little more GPM and pressure though. Maybe a 4bt pump would work good, they seem hard to find though. My PS pump just barely keeps up with what I do even after the mods I did to the regulator on it.

Anyone run a pump from a industrial motor or larger truck like a F700??

Sorry for derail.

I used one on my cousins truck. It was the style that had a remote reservoir Here's what I wrote about it in another thread.

Pump was a vickers vane pump with a cartidge type relief valve. Put it on a engine and hooked the hydraulic flow/pressure tester to it. It did about 3gpm and 2300 psi. Some googling led me to a company that sold upgraded pumps for superdutys. Their pump used with hydraboost was 4gpm and 1500psi. They claimed this was a huge improvement over a stock pump. I changed the relief to a 1500psi version and put it on the truck. Steers great, brakes great, stays cool. Better than the stock 7.3 pump.

I would be totally okay with being a tester for a street truck.. Just saying.

At 188 bucks a piece, I'd try the mechanical route.

You're using a power steering pump for a fuel transfer pump, correct?

I've always thought about doing this on my 855 puller instead of an electric fuel pump. I have plenty of pullys that I could use to drive a power steering pump.

Hopefully this works out. Would be nice to find a reasonably priced tandem pump with a internal regulator to make power steering easy.

FuelPump001_zps6ce47578.jpg
[/URL]
FuelPump002_zps35d028c0.jpg
[/URL]

Tried to set any up on the front cover like a waterman/DSR yet? For that price im game to make a bracket and a coupler!

Wish I could give up my power steering and vacuum pump easily.
If that could be adapted to the front cover like a waterman pump, it could kick some serious butt for the $$$.

Back