Lets see your pullers!

the 354 perkins are tough to get to run with the big CI of the internationals and JD, Allis and even fords. Fords run great with the right pump work for sure.

I like a Massey tho! and its different. I like different.

Got some really sharp pulling tractors here.

thats right you said an 1150!

We got an 1135 and a 399 both with the 354s

anyhow, I have never seen the v8s pull. I had heard that they had a hard time staying together at high HP. But i am truly clueless about the v8

I've heard that too, there a few hot farm pullers that run the V8, I need to get some contact info and ask some questions on how to keep it from scattering, I'm gonna push the V8 as far as it will go and hopefully scare the chit out of the IH's that all run around here

You can make a 354 run, run very well and beat up on the big cubic inch Deere and IH tractors. Just ask mfsuper90............

The v8s main weakness I have heard of is they like to shear the cam in half around the gear. That was in a higher rpm application also, something you may not run into in farm stock. I personally want to build an 1150 because I love the deep sound they have to them.

You can make a 354 run, run very well and beat up on the big cubic inch Deere and IH tractors. Just ask mfsuper90............

The v8s main weakness I have heard of is they like to shear the cam in half around the gear. That was in a higher rpm application also, something you may not run into in farm stock. I personally want to build an 1150 because I love the deep sound they have to them.

What you talkin bout Todd :lolly:

Talk to Carlton Cope, He owns War Path. He knows everything to know about the big V8's. And why not do 640ci?? You only change the bore :D

What you talkin bout Todd :lolly:

Talk to Carlton Cope, He owns War Path. He knows everything to know about the big V8's. And why not do 640ci?? You only change the bore :D

I thought a 510 was a completely different animal than the 540 and 640?

The only time I pulled it. They short tracked us bad. Beat a big cube 4010 gas by about 10 feet that's been dominating that class for years.

Stripped everything of the back possible, put all the weight on the front that I could, stuck it in gear and crossed my fingers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESf3-uk1Qc"]Oliver 88 3208 Wayne county fair 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I wanted an 1155 with the big cube engine, but I got this 1150 for free because it supposedly had a rod knock....nope....just a stuck injector. So I'm gonna run the 510 until she blows, then maybe put a 640 in it.

Nobody here fools with Deere's? :poke: :(

I have a 2640 JD in the barn that was dad's old farm tractor.... fiance' wants us to restore it along with his old farm truck 79 Chevy K20 some day. The gear head in me already see's bigger injectors, pump work, and a turbo going on the 2640! :hehe:

Love to hit some close brush pulls a couple times a year with it since I had to give up truck pulling due to cost. Where can I get some good info on my 2640? Its a 76 I think?

me taking a break from some bush hogging last year....poor thing barely gets used anymore.
34409_158537230845046_906855_n.jpg

Those tri ribs are EXPENSIVE! :eek:
67542_158276847537751_185095_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody here fools with Deere's? :poke: :(

I have a 2640 JD in the barn that was dad's old farm tractor.... fiance' wants us to restore it along with his old farm truck 79 Chevy K20 some day. The gear head in me already see's bigger injectors, pump work, and a turbo going on the 2640! :hehe:

Smart people don't like John Deeres:lolly:

I dont have a tractor but go with a friend to help him and pull his from time to time. Cold Cocked Cockshutt 30

I know exactly which tractor your talking about. Good runnin little sucker! Why can't I remember the guys name who pulls it, I've talked to him a hundred times :doh:

Back