Fuel Pump

9724VF350

Tractor Guy
Hopefully this works out. Would be nice to find a reasonably priced tandem pump with a internal regulator to make power steering easy.

FuelPump001_zps6ce47578.jpg
[/URL]
FuelPump002_zps35d028c0.jpg
[/URL]

Gerotor. Bought the pumps, made the adaptors and driveshafts, used a early vacuum pump drive gear and a fan mount bearing.

Thanks, If I make any more of them I'll probably make the adapter a 2 piece design and change the pump/shaft connection so a off the shelf pump bolts right on.

The pumps are available in 4 different sizes and choice of side or rear ports.

Supposed to be .95 gpm per 1000 rpm. Runs about 98% of crank speed. Rated 2000 psi, but no gpm vs psi rating. It's the smallest of the group, up to 2.7 gpm per 1000.

mummn like you said the tandem style would be real nice... keep up the good work. When are you gonna test em?, It would be interesting seeing the psi converstion from gpms...

I plan on putting mine to use on May 4th. I'd like to do some testing with different sized pumps, I'll probably build a bracket and turn them twice crank speed with a belt. I don't really want to turn a engine 6k to test them. LOL

Probably should come up with a diesel flow meter and needle valve setup with a low pressure gauge. Not big on running this through our hydraulic system flow tester.

Well it at least functions. Put one on last night, plumbed in a suction filter, Mallory regulator and 2 final filters. Took a bit to get all the air out at cranking speed. Fired it up and it sat at 50 psi, adjusted the regulator up to 60psi. Idle speed is about 1500 rpm.

Seems to work. It's feeding a new 13mm Northeast diesel Ag gov pump with a Hamilton cam in it. The pump was set at 600cc. The first run was a improvement from last year but I still ran it out of power. No smoke at mid track and I did not get a chance to look at the fuel pressure gauge. Turned the pump up 1 turn, added 1000 pounds and went back for the next class. Way more power, more rpm, 75psi supply pressure, haze of smoke, went 40 feet further and spun out hard. 1 more turn of the fuel screw, went back for the next class, (1200lbs underweight at this point) More rpm, more smoke, 75psi fuel, another 20 feet over the previous run.

Going to tear it apart and inspect, but things seem promising.

any updates on these pumps?

Nothing too exciting at this point. Got 1 more finished up that's going on a local engine, and 4 more about half done. These are a bit improved design over the last 2. I changed the driveshaft to pump connection so a off the shelf pump slides right in, and put snap rings in the housing and on the shaft.

Thinking about going cnc lathe to spin the housings out, then put them in the machining center to drill, tap, and shape the mounting flange. It's a bit more screwing around than I like doing them all in the machining center, and I have to put them in the lathe anyhow to touch the bearing bore up anyhow.

Haven't had a chance to do any formal testing with flow/psi data, and I probably won't have a chance for a while. I have 3 runs on my own and it holds 75psi @ 750 cc. Bigger pumps are available and will bolt right on. I can't see it not working out long term.

Back