parking break

willtravel

What are you guy's with dedicated racer's doing? I cant remember the last time I used it. Especially since I switched to an auto. I was thinking about getting rid of it.

Better atleast keep the pedal so it will still pass inspection if you still see some street use thats the only reason i kept mine after my auto conversion.

I ditched my pedal because I have an automatic, the parking cable broke and I needed to mount a battery isolator on that spot of the firewall. California doesn't have regular vehicle inspections, and I figured that if I do ever need an inspection (like if I get a salvage title on my salvage title or something) I can pass with either line locks or Andrew Jacksons.

I kinda figure it'd be cool to mount a big ole' hand or kick lever on the rear portion of the frame right before the rear tires and attach it directly to the parking brake cable. That would lead to fun times as you try to park on a hill, jump out real fast and kick the lever before the truck runs away. :bang

I have an aftermarket console shifter, and so now I want to actuate line locks with my stock column shifter.

I put my cut off in the fuel door. Planning on adding a rod and button out the back.

I switched from an nv4500 to a built 48rh. So I just stuffed the old pedal under the floor matt. Thought about making it run the lock up instead of the floor switch. Set it up so just a tap would switch it..

Maybe I can rig the old e break to do something else..

Could you modify one of those shifters that had the overdrive button?

Back