Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Pureflow Airdog
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #41
1lowdiesel

Name: 1lowdiesel
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I know what you're saying 100%, you are part of the maybe 5% of people that want to mount it in a place other than specified. Hell i didn't even mount mine where they tell you to lol. Where do you want to mount your's?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #42
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque Monkey View Post
If you are looking for feedback, it would be nice to have one of those couplers you showed picks of with an 1/8" NPT port drilled in the side. I like to take fuel pressure right at the CP3 or VP44 of what ever else. Just a suggestion. I usually make my own.
Beat you to it already. Its being made right now.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #43
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
This is exactly what I expected from the CompD crowd. The majority work on your own stuff and the other fittings don't bother you. I am the same way. I respect that for sure. But lets face it. If the industry was a smart as the people were on compd things would be much different. So we can only do our best to get the new peoples feet wet and learn slowly and let them grow into things. Actually I take that back. I couldn't imagine having compd people calling all day. I'd be argueing all day long!! Good stuff though guys. I liked talking about all the pro's and con's.

Highfinance97 quit texting me. Can't you see I'm busy!!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #44
Highfinance97

Name: Highfinance97
Title: Garofalo Enterprises
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post

Highfinance97 quit texting me. Can't you see I'm busy!!

Get to work!!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #45
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
For what it's worth I have some of the old stlye kits available. Dodge only though.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #46
theonlyz

Name: theonlyz
Title: professional he** raiser
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowdiesel View Post
I know what you're saying 100%, you are part of the maybe 5% of people that want to mount it in a place other than specified. Hell i didn't even mount mine where they tell you to lol. Where do you want to mount your's?
With it just hanging down off the frame like that, it worries me. I can see bad things happening to it. On top of the whole safety issue it just doesnt look very clean in my opinion. Its a ingenious idea but I demand a little more.

I was able to find the older style at PDP about an hour ago. This one I was thinking of mounting in the bed or making its own skid plate if it goes under the truck. Just anything for some more added protection. Ive also seen where guys have cut the bracket and flipped it around and tucked it on the inside of the frame rail. Not sure right now but, Ill figure it out when it comes because no two trucks seem to be the same.
04 Dodge Cummins QCSB 4X4, TC diesels extreme rail and dprv's, Exergy injectors 80% over, Wicked Diesels Coolant Bypass, AirDog 150, Garmon's competition transmission, and Full Engine build by Garmon's thats balanced and studded top to bottom with only the best inside

Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #47
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
For what it's worth I have some of the old stlye kits available. Dodge only though.
Damn I didnt even think to use you for something like this, sorry.
04 Dodge Cummins QCSB 4X4, TC diesels extreme rail and dprv's, Exergy injectors 80% over, Wicked Diesels Coolant Bypass, AirDog 150, Garmon's competition transmission, and Full Engine build by Garmon's thats balanced and studded top to bottom with only the best inside

Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #48
woodsrat

Name: woodsrat
Title: NEW ERA DIESEL
Member`s Gallery
We have some of the old style in stock still. 2-98.5 thru 04 dodge. 1-7.3 ford all are 150's. We have all the old fittings in stock also if you guys need them and will keep them in stock.

Chuck
New Era Diesel
740-297-4281

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #49
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Hey Anthony, you got a pm

Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #50
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Old kits, new kits, whatever kits...I only have one thing to say, the recommended mounting location is less than ideal for a lowered truck.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #51
dieselduck

Name: dieselduck
Member`s Gallery
A little off subject, but I have an AD165II on my 06 Dodge, had it on about a year and a half. The fittings (zinc plated I think) are all corroded very badly and the paint is falling off the mounting bracket. I was planning on having the bracket powder coated this winter, and was wanting to locate some Stainless Steel fittings to replace the rusted factory fittings. Does Air Dog offer Stainless fittings? Or can Air Dog at least supply me with a list of fittings I will need to find in Stainless. I am not sure on all the call outs on the various fittings.

Anyone else have this problem? I live in Illinois where they love to salt in the winter.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #52
theonlyz

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselduck View Post
A little off subject, but I have an AD165II on my 06 Dodge, had it on about a year and a half. The fittings (zinc plated I think) are all corroded very badly and the paint is falling off the mounting bracket. I was planning on having the bracket powder coated this winter, and was wanting to locate some Stainless Steel fittings to replace the rusted factory fittings. Does Air Dog offer Stainless fittings? Or can Air Dog at least supply me with a list of fittings I will need to find in Stainless. I am not sure on all the call outs on the various fittings.

Anyone else have this problem? I live in Illinois where they love to salt in the winter.
Funny you bring this up. I forgot to add that because I got wrapped up in the rest of it. I had the same problem as you are having with the rust. That why Im interested in putting it in the bed so I can keep it more protected.

Mine was covered in rust from the salt and debris flying up at it. If I do end up keeping it somewhere under the truck, I will be sure and coat this one with used oil to keep it from rusting so bad.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #53
Highfinance97

Name: Highfinance97
Title: Garofalo Enterprises
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHughes View Post
Old kits, new kits, whatever kits...I only have one thing to say, the recommended mounting location is less than ideal for a lowered truck.
The way they mount is my only gripe with AirDog, I like the way the competitor mount is beside the fact it gets all the road grime from the tires being in the wheel well

Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #54
Stangpwr71

Name: Stangpwr71
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
one big gripe i have with the new kits is that the male end of the hose wich goes into the pump is way to freaking long, it could be shortend atleast 2inches.

it really screws you up when installing on a sissy shortbed truck.

other then that not too bad. except if you could make the end at the tank connection and pump/filter conection both 90 degree.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #55
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
All are good idea's. But all of them cost more money. Which means the kits go up yet again. Then we will be talking about "AirDog is greedy, they keep raising the cost." Everyone has got spoiled with the low cost. Remember about 3-4 years ago how much pumps cost? Its still nowhere near what they used to cost. Like someone said. You can't please everyone. It's impossible.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #56
seriousdiesel

Name: seriousdiesel
Member`s Gallery
I dislike the new style also. Put one on a reg cab the other day and there was not enough room between the fuel tank and trans crossmember with the new QD fittings. I ended up cutting one QD fitting off and onstalling the old style 90 deg fitting. Also on the mount, I really like the frame clamp style mount VS having to drill but on the QC short bed trucks theres not enough room to get the pump inside the frame and Ive had to mount it on the outside. I really miss the old 90 deg mount that sat the pump sideways between the frame. I know it may be in the way for pulling the trans but in all reality how often will the trans be out in most cases. Why was the old 90 deg mount changed anyway?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #57
Stangpwr71

Name: Stangpwr71
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I am curios as to why you even asked this question on here?

You keep saying it is impossible to please everyone and the cost will just go up. it looks like you really didn't care if people don't like them but you were just hoping to put a feather in your cap and feel good about yourself.

You want feedback to improve the product but you instantly shoot it down.

I'm just calling it as i see it.

I have already installed a couple of the new ones and plenty of the old.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #58
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousdiesel View Post
I dislike the new style also. Put one on a reg cab the other day and there was not enough room between the fuel tank and trans crossmember with the new QD fittings. I ended up cutting one QD fitting off and onstalling the old style 90 deg fitting. Also on the mount, I really like the frame clamp style mount VS having to drill but on the QC short bed trucks theres not enough room to get the pump inside the frame and Ive had to mount it on the outside. I really miss the old 90 deg mount that sat the pump sideways between the frame. I know it may be in the way for pulling the trans but in all reality how often will the trans be out in most cases. Why was the old 90 deg mount changed anyway?
It still didn't fit on every truck. Only way to have it back is to have it sold seperately if someone were wanting it. But then we get calls and complaints it should have been included. With the bracket we have now. It can mount on every truck, no matter the app. If we use the other one people get into an install and can't mount it at all. And those calls are very delightful.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #59
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangpwr71 View Post

You keep saying it is impossible to please everyone and the cost will just go up. it looks like you really didn't care if people don't like them but you were just hoping to put a feather in your cap and feel good about yourself.

Maybe you need to read the entire thread before you open your mouth. Do you say this cause I said that some of the suggestions were more expensive? Do you want to pay more for a unit? If you were part of the manufacturing you would understand it better. I kindly suggest you go back and read where I stated over and over I take all of these suggestions up in meetings and enjoy having the installers point out the pro's and con's. Should I not give my point of view on things when they give a con and just have the kits changed? Or was it they were legitimate reason's behind all of them and you didn't like the answer? Your suggestion just like the others will be discussed. Thanks for everyone's input. Overall what i got from this is. Everyone's PERSONAL preference is different. And from a manufacturing standpoint, it was a good move for the better part of our customers. Of course you guys that turn wrenches are waiting to see if the plastic will break or not. But only time will tell THEN we can discuss that part.

Last edited by 2Tone12V; 10-18-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #60
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangpwr71 View Post

I couldn't agree more. If I didn't dislike the competitor so much, these new quick couplers would be reason enough for me to jump ship. Other than air separation and warranty there are plenty of other alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If anyone thinks the internet is serious they should seriously log off and burn their laptop.

Closed Thread