What to do in cold climates with no fuel heater

bdp

beans diesel performance
Does Pure flow offer a fuel heater of some sort? Had a customer have his gel up and another thats wanting to prevent it when he goes north. Wanted to see if Pureflow offers something for thier systems or if I have to rig something up.

Well..... a certain company offers coolant heater ports in the pump housing of their certain air separator pump then it would work with your block heater... LOL
But anyways.. I do know that there is a company that makes electric blankets you can wrap your filters with, and there are a few inline heaters.. I can see what I can dig up.. I have some information on them somewhere...

I live in Northern Alberta Canada. We hit temperatures on the wrong side of -40 more often than I would care to remember. The only, and I mean only time I have ever had fuel gel is on my 07 chevy after I let it run all night at -47 with wind chill. It dosent even have a lift pump.. on my dodge, I have ran a lift pump for several years with no heater, and have had 0 problems,,, and that was when it was a daily driver

Kevin

Well..... a certain company offers coolant heater ports in the pump housing of their certain air separator pump then it would work with your block heater... LOL
But anyways.. I do know that there is a company that makes electric blankets you can wrap your filters with, and there are a few inline heaters.. I can see what I can dig up.. I have some information on them somewhere...

Dont come in here and promote competitors. I know you meant nothing by it but lets keep that talk out of this particular room if you dont mind!! Send that info in a pm or in another room or thread. Not in PureFlow Technologies spot. Thanks

Last edited:
I live in Northern Alberta Canada. We hit temperatures on the wrong side of -40 more often than I would care to remember. The only, and I mean only time I have ever had fuel gel is on my 07 chevy after I let it run all night at -47 with wind chill. It dosent even have a lift pump.. on my dodge, I have ran a lift pump for several years with no heater, and have had 0 problems,,, and that was when it was a daily driver

Kevin

It has alot to do with the fuel you get. I know the guys up in the Minnesota and Wisconsin area have it the worst in the USA. About the worst fuel you can possibly get. Additives are a must thats for sure.

Does Pure flow offer a fuel heater of some sort? Had a customer have his gel up and another thats wanting to prevent it when he goes north. Wanted to see if Pureflow offers something for thier systems or if I have to rig something up.

But no we do not have anything at the moment. Hope to have something for you guys soon. We've got alot of things going on right now but this is one thats on the list.

Fuel heater wont do much for you anyway. I took mine off and never had a problem. Its all in the fuel and additives you run that prevents gelling.

Back