My Project

I'm terrible at this build thread thing. Been so long since I posted the thread had been locked. Anyway, here's an update. These are the pics from 6 weeks ago when I pushed it out to get some good pics fully assembled before I tore it down for paint/engine/bodywork etc. That's the night I cut the tendons in my hand so it hasn't changed much. Should be able to start working on it again within the next week or two.

IMG_1389_zpsa79d26b4.jpg

IMG_1532_zpsa9ff6dff.jpg

IMG_1572_zps54484cb8.jpg

IMG_1550_zpsfb4ebccc.jpg

IMG_1545_zps973df84a.jpg

Last edited:
This gives me an idea. Have any pictures of the cab during the chop?

Very bad ass for sure.

Thanks man. I know I have them but I can't find any of the real good pics of the chop/section progress. The front pillar and windshield panel are the only sections I had to weld back up after it was laid back to match up to the upper section post chop. I drilled out the rivets on the bottom skirt behind the doors, cut the extra length and re-riveted it to avoid having to weld mid-panel. I'll try and find the other pics and post them up.

DSCN1294_zps946e2623.jpg

DSCN1310_zps151cd947.jpg

DSCN1270_zpsb87381ca.jpg

Shortblock went in yesterday. Front end, brake lines and inside of the bed are all done. Need to finish lapping the valves so I can bolt on the heads, turbos, run lines, etc. Getting closer, ever so slowly. Here's a couple pics for those that haven't given up yet.
9upe9usa.jpg
duqu2ezu.jpg

Since I sold the original 1/8" top valve cover plates I got from Mat @ S&T steel. I went another direction. Picked up some 1/2" aluminum top plates from Mat, took a crash course on using a friends manual mill and cut myself some finned valve covers. Painted them black then wiped the tops of the fins with acetone to expose the aluminum. Really happy with the end result considering I've never even ran a mill before I cut these. They seem to really fit the street rod feel the whole build has had. Engine is essentially done with cooling/oiling systems all plumbed along with turbos and piping done. Going to start wiring the engine/body in the next few weeks with glass and bodywork following that. Then I think it's supposed to make noise or so I'm told...

IMG_2342_zps51eff710.jpg

IMG_2354_zps9dd43092.jpg

IMG_2360_zps10f7adf3.jpg

IMG_2359_zps090bf87a.jpg

IMG_2358_zpsa1cf26c5.jpg

Those valve covers turned out sharp! Nice job man! Everyone at our shop is impressed!

Mat Thomas
S&T Steel/Waterjet

It's Alive

Started it last week. Fixed a few small leaks, got the trans and brakes in. Took it for a drive last night with no hood/grille. Extremely happy with the outcome. Not going to take much power for it to get along. Still need to fix some trans wiring too. Still on stockish tune. It was pretty dark last night so I shot a couple vids today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwfwX1DO8RA"]Idle Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMYA9Cf3Ihs"]Takeoff video[/ame]

Back