Carolina Diesel Nationals July 27th

Really too bad that Seth never got his truck running. Were a couple of close races in the semi-finals. If my count is right, there were only 7 trucks in Prostreet and 2 in superstreet. One each in Top Diesel, (Schied) and one in Pro stock (Wade). I don't thing Schied ever made a full pass, couldn't get it off the line without going up in smoke. Less than 40 trucks at the entire event. Not much of a show for sure. The Motor Mania worked well once they got the bugs worked out.

Had a good time, got my first 1/4 mile time slip. 12.675 @ 107. There were some good races today, at least the rain held off long enough for that.

Really too bad that Seth never got his truck running. Were a couple of close races in the semi-finals. If my count is right, there were only 7 trucks in Prostreet and 2 in superstreet. One each in Top Diesel, (Schied) and one in Pro stock (Wade). I don't thing Schied ever made a full pass, couldn't get it off the line without going up in smoke. Less than 40 trucks at the entire event. Not much of a show for sure. The Motor Mania worked well once they got the bugs worked out.

Really sad to have not been able to make it. Was really hoping for a better turn out!

When I seen the "no dyno" get posted and figured the weather would be bad,I left mine sitting in the shop under the cover.

Didn't feel like driving 9 hours each way to get to do nothing at all.

Mark...
Did you guys make a pass down the truck with your Silver Monster????.......Andy

When I seen the "no dyno" get posted and figured the weather would be bad,I left mine sitting in the shop under the cover.

Didn't feel like driving 9 hours each way to get to do nothing at all.

Mark...
Did you guys make a pass down the truck with your Silver Monster????.......Andy

You made the right decision , NO dyno and NO pulls. The racing action was great but when you travel expecting there to be 3 events and only get to watch 1 makes you second guess your decision. I have no clue why the pull could not have taken place Sunday morning.

To answer your question , no we did not run it down the track.

You made the right decision , NO dyno and NO pulls. The racing action was great but when you travel expecting there to be 3 events and only get to watch 1 makes you second guess your decision. I have no clue why the pull could not have taken place Sunday morning.

Glad We stayed home and didn't deal with the weather then.
Sorry to hear you didn't run it down the track.......Andy

nobody would have showed up to pull Sunday including sled and workers.

Why is that you would think an event like this would have the next day be the rain date? A lot of people travel a good distance to come to these so called big events to:Cheer: get rained out, and then find out there is no rain date for the following day. I understand no one can controll the weather but you have to plan for it.

Its not even up to the NHRDA sometimes. Most tracks are ran by volunteers and they dont want to have to spend their whole weekend at the track when they already have plans for the Sunday. Its up to the facility to determin if they will have a rain date or not.

Also on the times we have stuck around for the rain days, there was only a hand full of us left. Not really a competition more of a test and tune.

Why is that you would think an event like this would have the next day be the rain date? A lot of people travel a good distance to come to these so called big events to:Cheer: get rained out, and then find out there is no rain date for the following day. I understand no one can controll the weather but you have to plan for it.
Just stop talking.

Back