Front servo springs.

I have the tcs 4.2 kit and a transgo tfod-hd2 kit. I upgraded the line pressure but only barely enlarged the shift hole size. (Servo?)

I'm getting what feels like a rushed 2-3 shift. Is that binding? I've heard binding will give a hark kick or thump when it goes to third. Mine is soft.

I have the tcs 4.2 kit and a transgo tfod-hd2 kit. I upgraded the line pressure but only barely enlarged the shift hole size. (Servo?)

I'm getting what feels like a rushed 2-3 shift. Is that binding? I've heard binding will give a hark kick or thump when it goes to third. Mine is soft.
A rushed 2-3 shift is usually out of adjustment tv cable (from past experiences). A bind up will almost be like jerk really. "Third trying to engage while 2nd hasn't released. " That's the way it was explained to me.

I would start there. You'll know a good bind up if it happens. Mine was violent. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

You could have sealing issues.
Your best investment would be to buy a VB from goerend. Pressure tested and dynod before Dave ships them.

Well I drove it with the new servo and cover. Still binding,is a 4.2 lever my last resort? I don't get why Dave would sell only 3.8's if they cause shift timing issues like this,theres gotta be something else to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I drove it with the new servo and cover. Still binding,is a 4.2 lever my last resort? I don't get why Dave would sell only 3.8's if they cause shift timing issues like this,theres gotta be something else to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Text me 7045269366

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could have sealing issues.
Your best investment would be to buy a VB from goerend. Pressure tested and dynod before Dave ships them.

I like the TQ converter he made. I may end up doing what your recommending. When you say sealing issues do you mean within the VB or between the valvebody and the trans?

I like the TQ converter he made. I may end up doing what your recommending. When you say sealing issues do you mean within the VB or between the valvebody and the trans?

Either or. I'd go that route, I love my goerend VB. Don't go constant pressure. They're known for bind too. He can set pressure and fine tune it for you also. Pressure tested and dynod to show you everything it's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back