Three Questions.

SHughes

Too much is never enough!
I drive a Cummins but I'm a GM guy at heart...so please forgive my ignorance in the D-Max arena.

1. How much does a Duramax weigh?? Engine only and maybe engine/Allison combo.

2. If one was looking to put D-Max into a muscle car, what year engine/tranny would be most desirable? And yes the motor would get heavily modded as well.

3. Where would one find said engine or engine/tranny?

Thanks,
scott

The LB7 motor the simplest of the dmaxs to swap into anything weighs close to 1000lbs. by itself.
The Allison weighs another 200-250lbs. Heavy combo for a car but has been done!
I will be removing my LB7 within the next few weeks(complete) I have a built motor going in. Let me know if you might be intrested. I know an excellent engine shipper you can't beat the price on:D

The LB7 motor the simplest of the dmaxs to swap into anything weighs close to 1000lbs. by itself.
The Allison weighs another 200-250lbs. Heavy combo for a car but has been done!
I will be removing my LB7 within the next few weeks(complete) I have a built motor going in. Let me know if you might be intrested. I know an excellent engine shipper you can't beat the price on:D

You need to do some more research there bub. ;)

dmax wieghs 837lbs Allison is about 360 dry.

Regardless the LB7 would be the best in the car, it depends how much you want to spend on it and if you want it new/used, I got a rebuilt allison for 2700

I would think for a heavily modded engine, LBZ would be a better choice.
Depends on what you are going to control it with. LBZ injectors have the potential to rev higher and don't use cups that can lift.

i want to put a dmax in an old truck like a scottsdale but im wondering if the allison will go in the truck also i cant find anything bout someone doing such..everyone is doing the 12v but i want to be different....

Back