hard start when cold since pump swap

Jeremy001995

diesel mecanic
hi, have change my modded 180 ppump( 4kgsk, 191delivery valve) to a 215 ppump. have put PDD Comp cut delivery valve/rack plug and Peak Diesel 4kgsk in it. with the 180 pump i never had problem to start when cold (under 60*F outside). but with the 215 pump it take forever to start.. grid heater is working great. have try to lower the timing to 16.. little change but not much( was at 21* timing with the 180 pump and it start right up at 5*F not plugged in). if u plug the truck it start right up.. but i can't plug the truck everywhere.. lol

what can cause this?

tanks!

slide the plate and afc forward and see if it changes, I had a problem with my 215 pump where the afc was too far back so it wasn't getting enough fuel on a cold start without a lot of cranking.

slide the plate and afc forward and see if it changes, I had a problem with my 215 pump where the afc was too far back so it wasn't getting enough fuel on a cold start without a lot of cranking.

no plate.. afc full foward..pre boost is adjusted good.. there is pro boost smoke.. have try fully turned in(pre boost).. almost no change

Can't answer that honestly, I'd stick a plate in it and and adjust the arm and just pull it back out if desired. Worth a shot.

Back