1.10 or 1.32 housing

Drothgeb

Almost Fast-N-Loud
I'm getting things together for next year's build, and will probably be running a 66/71/13 over a s491. Question is... I have a 1.10 and 1.32 housing for the s491. Considering I have a 40mm egate on the primary, will the 1.10 work or, is it a little tight, and I should just plan on starting out with the 1.32?

The smaller housing will spool quicker, but won't have the nads to spin the 91mm up very hard...plus the drive pressure will end up backing up between the chargers.
I had to add a gate in front of my primary, as it could not flow enough to keep the secondary compounding. (And that's with a 1.32 housing)

The smaller housing will spool quicker, but won't have the nads to spin the 91mm up very hard...plus the drive pressure will end up backing up between the chargers.
I had to add a gate in front of my primary, as it could not flow enough to keep the secondary compounding. (And that's with a 1.32 housing)

That's what I was thinking. I've already got the gate, so maybe it'll work OK.
I've got a 88 cartridge that I plan on trying too, curious to see how they compare.

Cast or billet 88?

I have a billet 7 blade from FI, and he said the race cover is pretty much maxed out with his 80mm wheel.

Last edited:
The 88mm is a cast 6 blade GT4718 wheel.

I'm currently running FIs billet 80mm wheel. Great wheel! It's supposed to max the cover out, but at a higher PR than I run it at. So I'm hoping that I still have a little room to grow. Plan is to run a bigger primary at a just a high enough PR to max the cover without choking it.

Once I get it together, I plan on taking all 3 cartridges to the track, swapping them out, and doing back to back runs for comparison.

Back