Is my S357 too small?

Block is bored .040” over and still has full compression, in fact probably more compression since the block has been decked. I’m running a 178/208 Hamilton cam with a mildly ported cylinder head. Truck never clears the smoke up and EGT’s can get 1400° Quick and I definitely feel like there is more “there”. Cruising at 70 I’m running about 700° and 6-7psi on flat and as soon as I hit a hill it’ll climb to 16-17psi. My timing is only at about 17° and plate is 1/2 way forward.

I can’t go WOT without smoking out the road or getting high EGTs.

Should I go to a SXE362/68 with a .7 or .8 housing?

I’ve thought about just using the S357 as a top turbo with a SXE369 on bottom but I don’t want to mess with the down time.

If not an SXE362 then what? I do tow with this truck come hay season but usually these days only in the field, if on the road probably no more than 14-16,000 and that’s probably inflated.

I appreciate input!

The 370 injectors are smoke machines. They work well, but cleaning them up can be an uphill battle. If you like the way the 357 provides air, maybe think on a different injector.

The 370 injectors are smoke machines. They work well, but cleaning them up can be an uphill battle. If you like the way the 357 provides air, maybe think on a different injector.

Thats where I’m on the fence, I’m not sure the 357 is providing enough air. It’s got a .7 wastewater housing on it, and the egt’s will go over 1400° I just generally let out before it does, but it’ll push past 40psi no problem, I want to say I’ve seen 44-45psi out of it.

Jason I just have OeM style 224-3520 pistons in it. Running the thin washers on the injectors and the head and block have been decked and running a standard gasket.

So let me ask this, if I switch these 370’s for some 145° injectors of the same size would an SXE362 be a worthwhile investment? If going to an SXE362 I would think the .7wg housing with 68mm turbine would be what I want, or is the .8 the way to go?

Well I put in some DFI 5x.012’s and set my #10 plate just a touch past halfway and reset my timing to 17-18°. Smoke cleans up to a haze at WOT and egt’s creep past 1400° as it gets close to 3k rpm. Feels pretty good but I went ahead and ordered an SXE362 to see how I like it and see if I can get a little more power with as good or better egt’s

Back