Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
2018 Diesel Power Challenge Voting Edition

I was listening to KJ Jones's morning live video yesterday and he announced the voting article would go on the website last night.

For anyone interested here it is!

2018 Diesel Power Challenge Voting #DPC2018

Me and my first gen were fortunate enough to make the list this year! Any other comp d regulars make the list?

Old 01-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I'll be voting for ya bud! Congrats!

North American Turbo

Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
rucummins

Name: rucummins
Member`s Gallery
I want to know who owns the Van

Old 01-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
77Fummins

Name: 77Fummins
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Whoever it is sure knows how to stand out

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Old 01-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
okie18

Name: okie18
Member`s Gallery
He's a quad-polar, lying, cowardice sack of sh!t putting it nicely. There's quite a few people that wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. That van is just an extension of his already inflated ego, can't imagine how big it is after getting into the voting.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
smokinVE

Name: smokinVE
Title: $$+VE=NO HP
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie18 View Post
He's a quad-polar, lying, cowardice sack of sh!t putting it nicely. There's quite a few people that wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. That van is just an extension of his already inflated ego, can't imagine how big it is after getting into the voting.
I.O.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
I don't think they let hair sniffer twit much. Or the little gay guy. Only the Indian does.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 PM   #7
rucummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie18 View Post
Now that we know the good about him, what is the bad

Old 01-17-2018, 10:58 PM   #8
okie18

Name: okie18
Member`s Gallery
I was a business partner that helped start the shop. Knew each other from college, well I thought i knew him. Moved 40k worth of tools from Texas to the great sh!thole state of Illinois when the oilfield went bust to start the shop. Should've stayed in Texas, first mistake was leaving. Made it about 4 months before he started having monthly mental break downs. Turned out he was a financial disaster from his farm and school loans and came pretty close to getting sued from it. So all his personal issues came to the shop and he basically used people's part money for his personal needs.
Learned he was a total hack when it came to mechanic work, customer relations and their vehicles. If a customer was pissed at him he'd cut off all forms of communication with them and run and hide when they dropped by making someone else deal with them. Doesn't respect people's property at all, that included my stuff. I got tired of having to go gather all my tools that he used and replace the ones he lost. So I locked all my **** up along with the other guys there. Started pulling my money back of the shop when it could spare it, usually after his monthly mental episodes.
Finally got fed up with all the drama and said I was leaving after I finished a few trucks. Got begged to stay, gave it one more week. Meanwhile he's got a customer coming down on his head about to sue because he's had their truck for 8 months and used it as a parts truck and used all their parts money. They start asking me what he's done with it and we figure out they've been spoon fed lie upon lie about it. They're ready to crucify him and he spins this sob story about how he knows he screwed up and he wanted to kill himself but he didn't know of a place he wouldn't be found. The wife of the guys truck eats it up and volunteers to help straighten his life out and the shop. So she comes in and starts taking over as secretary, gets all the records and info from me. Starts digging because he's told her that one of the guys that worked there has been calling our vendors and getting parts sent to him with the shop taking the loss. That's why the shop is in debt, just another spoon fed lie. She digs and finds were I pulled my money out. Tells him, then asks me what it was after he's already blown up saying I've been robbing the place blind. The moron knows I wasn't because he asked me all the time how much the shop owed me but lie he must. Somehow she sides with him after I prove everything with cold hard facts and records. I had started packing because I saw where this is going now. I'm informed I have 3 hours to get out, sure.... it's gonna take 2 days to load my **** on a gooseneck with multiple loads but whatever you say dumbazz. Digging continues... I owe the shop 12k by magical retard math somehow. I'm trying to pack while being hounded for records and account passwords. Which are saved on chrome under passwords..... morons. But I'm withholding them on a chrome account I no longer have access to... I continue to pack, town cop shows up to supervise me to make sure I don't do something. The secretary is ems, they're all buddies, great. I get most of everything out of there but they're keeping some of it because I owe them 12k, the shop doors get boarded up from the inside so I can't get in. Show up with another town cop about a week later to get remaining tools. She tells him I have nothing there, I start pointing sh1t out, she flips sh1t. Cop tells me he can't do anything even with the receipts showing him were I bought it before the shop was even around. Find out later the whole police department was "informed" about me over dinner at her house. While all this went down I didn't see the coward once, he wimpered orders and had her do everything.

Basically my tools, resources and myself was convenient for him to use and abuse but when I clamped that shut I wasn't convenient anymore. So I got lied about and threw under the bus for any damm thing imaginable after I left.
The dumbazz secretary finally figured that out and left after her family's truck was finished another 8 months later. The certified welder left a month after I did when he was told he wasn't worth $10/hr. The guy is good but they managed to throw him under the bus to.

Sorry for the book but this isn't even a fraction of the story. You hear all the stories about a shop that sends letters out for "slander". Trust me, this nut job in Illinois has him beat a hundredfold.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #9
rucummins

Member`s Gallery
Damn dude. While I figured there would be a story behind it, I sure as hell wasn't expecting that

Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #10
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
worst part is that its unique so it will likely get voted in...plus the cummings crowd will vote for it just to make a waste of a ford spot lol

Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #11
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like he should be "in his van, down by the river".

Old 01-18-2018, 08:16 AM   #12
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Just to be sure, you're talking about Vinnie Hobart and Hobart Performance Engineering correct?

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 01-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #13
rucummins

Member`s Gallery
That's what it looks like from the link Shaky posted

Old 01-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #14
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Member`s Gallery
So just to be clear shop trucks ARE allowed? As long as you aren't too successful they lit it slide or what?

North American Turbo

Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rucummins View Post
That's what it looks like from the link Shaky posted

Well that may answer my question about how he can get 1200hp out of the injectors he's running, lol. Although the article could be wrong too. That seems to happen a lot.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 01-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #16
rucummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imelmo View Post
Well that may answer my question about how he can get 1200hp out of the injectors he's running, lol. Although the article could be wrong too. That seems to happen a lot.

I was thinking the same thing but kept it to myself lol. Those Injectors and only running a single s369sxe?? Doesn't seem plausible

Old 01-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #17
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Well this thread took an unexpected turn.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 01-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
Well this thread took an unexpected turn.
HAHA right. This is gotten way way more interesting that I imagined it would.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 01-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #19
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Member`s Gallery
This thread should be renamed 'Truth about DPC 2018'

The 1st gen is getting my vote.
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Old 01-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #20
thinair

Name: thinair
Title: Not Enough time
Member`s Gallery
My vote too! ^^

94 12v. NV4500 Valair twin disc, Seth stage 4, DDP 5x14, 024 dv. Fass 260. T4 ATS. 362sxe. 150 ii springs.

2012 3500 CCSB. Thuren 2.5 kings, DT Profab radius arms. Carli LT Airbags/Sway Bar

Closed Thread