Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Multimedia > Photography
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Photography A Place For Question's and Comments on Photography.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #21
ProblemChild

Name: ProblemChild
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
That thing is sick!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
NCcummins

Name: NCcummins
Title: NADEAU
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
That's exactly why it is awesome. This forum is built on that principle- Who would have thought diesel trucks would be doing what we do now.
I definitely agree with this. There are diesels that blow my mind daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07 View Post
No way in hell I'd drive that. I've driven one at work that sat slightly higher than a stock 2wd, and that was the worst driving vehicle I've ever driven. Any side breeze and it was all over the place. I80 got interesting a couple times, with the wind and semis flying by
My guess is the suspension was stock? This van is the best driving lifted vehicle I've driven. It drives better than my 02 Dodge on 37s did. It also drive better than the Ford Excursion I just listed on eBay that also has 40s and a 10" lift. It does catch the wind, but doesn't sway the van by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlosch View Post
thats awesome! i think you friend likes rockstars lol
Sure do. They're relatively cheap and look good for the money. Ricky owns The Tire Station in Asheville therefore pretty much has Rock Stars on everything he owns lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
That thing is sick!
Thanks. I'll be driving it to Portland, Maine on the 27th. We'll see how it does on a 17 hour road trop from Asheville, NC to Portland, ME.

Last edited by NCcummins; 12-22-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
He called today and told me to stick the van on eBay so check it out and spread the word if you have the chance!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
Goose

Name: Goose
Title: Alabama Pimpin'
Member`s Gallery
Sweet looking van! Vans are already a PITA to work on. I bet its even more so with a lift
Bulletproof Diesel

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

R.I.P. Dex

Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
Yes, it is. I can tell you it has brand new U-joints in the rear driveshaft all the way around and a brand new assembly on the t-case side...the ball in the middle of the two u-joints went on me in Maine. I guess that is what makes the CV and therefore ended up blowing the whole thing out....$400 late it has brand new parts....replacing them in -16 degree weather in Maine wasn't fun! It runs and drives awesome. The number one questions I got while driving it to Maine and back was "is it top heavy?" It isn't at all. 60+ winds in CT on my way up and could feel it, but didn't mess with the driving.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
This is it in Maine:

Click the image to open in full size.

trying to teach the gf how to skate (she's from the South):

Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Goose

Member`s Gallery
What gearing does it have ?
Bulletproof Diesel

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

R.I.P. Dex

Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #28
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
What gearing does it have ?
I honestly have no idea but I'll ask him tomorrow while I'm at the shop putting my wheels and tires on my dually. It can't be too high because it does great with the 38s (they're not 40s like I thought). It average 19.3mpg on the way to Maine and 16.7 on the way back (I was ready to get to NC).

Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
Ford : E-Series Van Ford : E-Series Van | eBay

This is the eBay link...spread the word for me!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
Goose

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcummins View Post
I honestly have no idea but I'll ask him tomorrow while I'm at the shop putting my wheels and tires on my dually. It can't be too high because it does great with the 38s (they're not 40s like I thought). It average 19.3mpg on the way to Maine and 16.7 on the way back (I was ready to get to NC).
There is no way that van got 19 mpg. A rclb 2x4 struggles to average 19.
Bulletproof Diesel

COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM

R.I.P. Dex

Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #31
NCcummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
There is no way that van got 19 mpg. A rclb 2x4 struggles to average 19.
It sure did. That's hand calculated by me. 2.75 tanks on the way to Maine and it's a little less than a 1300 trip. Still have the piece of paper I did it on. Around town when I was driving it in Asheville it was getting 12-14. My guess is the sniper, exhaust, and intake helped it a lot.

I have interior pictures as well if anyone is interested.

Closed Thread