pistons for 2000hp

Just to give an update. We will be looking into trying a steel piston with aluminum skirt which is still lighter than a monothern but it hasnt been done before... If it doesnt work we will be going to a forged wiseco or diamond piston.

Last edited:
Just to give an update. We will be looking into trying a steel piston with aluminum skirt which is still lighter than a monothern but it hasnt been done before... If it doesnt work we will be going to a forged wiseco or diamond piston.

I thought Monster Mike made a piston like that? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw pictures of one awhile ago.

74962PistonandC_00000031955.jpg

Articulated piston design

Still not as reliable as a monotherm, the skirt will score long before you ever damage the crown.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Secret squirrel **** all around.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

I was leary because they aren't meant for the power and rpm wwme will be turning. I have not been able to talk to Mike so I'm not sure if he is working on any or still welding them and making the bowls on the cast pistons.

Doesn't hurt to try. Maybe something cool will come of this thread after all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 10.52.55 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 10.52.55 AM.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0

Monotherm is lighter.

Im not looking to get 100k out of this thing like i said competition use when i can attend but if i need to drive it because of the daily being down im going to im not putting 50+k $ into a truck i cant drive to dinner if i chose to so it doesnt sit

You dont need any special pistons for that, any piston can take a couple of miles of street use. Steel ringlands are for million mile engines.

The later part of your statement is the best idea. Id stay away from 2 piece pistons.

Have you considered square pistons?

That's what all the teenagers in my area with 2000+ horsepower trucks are running.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back