Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
BKimbles99

Name: BKimbles99
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
MIT USA Fuel Pump

My 99 cummins has a MIT USA mechanical fuel pump's. The pully or sprocket(which is the smaller one) has shedded down all the teeth on it that pull the belt around with the other pully off the motor. I went from having 20 psi great power then i started having trouble with my pressure. My fuel pressure gauge rapidly went from twenty to 0 psi while driving. Now it is to the point that the belt isn't catching the teeth at all and im having 0 PSI. Has anyone else had this problem??

Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
cashwheel

Name: cashwheel
Title: bolt on warrior
Member`s Gallery
Never a problem with mine on my common rail. I would get in touch with Opie, he will get you fixed up.

'04 Dodge dually 555 NV5600 4x4
- 62/65/12, Opie's MITUSA, tuning by CT Performance, Hamilton Cams 110# springs, gauges by Speedhut, rolling on "almost dubs" ---SOLD

New one - '08 Dodge QC SWB 4X4 Auto. Stock

Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Opie

Name: Opie
Title: Ingenuity Director
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashwheel View Post
Never a problem with mine on my common rail. I would get in touch with Opie, he will get you fixed up.
No, no, no don't do that.
This is the second pump system that has worn down the driver pulley. I am guessing the truck maybe traveling down dusty roads, don't know. Not that it matters. I got a call from TNT and was told about it and the side comment that the pully aluminum was too soft, (As if I should warrantee it.) FWIW The other pump had over 200k on it. My reply was and is the pulley cost is $15 plus shipping. Then nothing for a few days... Then no problem we need to get one comeing. One was sent out first class mail last week, I haven't even billed for it yet. Sure wish this post would of been written before yesterday as I would of waited a couple months prior to sending it out. Always always goto a webforum prior to talking to the manufacturer for any problems with their item, Rrrighttt. Looking forward to reading about any other problems BKimbles99 has in future with it here as I will just let Compdiesel take care of it.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
01quadcab

Name: 01quadcab
Title: Just a slow VP truck
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
No, no, no don't do that.
This is the second pump system that has worn down the driver pulley. I am guessing the truck maybe traveling down dusty roads, don't know. Not that it matters. I got a call from TNT and was told about it and the side comment that the pully aluminum was too soft, (As if I should warrantee it.) FWIW The other pump had over 200k on it. My reply was and is the pulley cost is $15 plus shipping. Then nothing for a few days... Then no problem we need to get one comeing. One was sent out first class mail last week, I haven't even billed for it yet. Sure wish this post would of been written before yesterday as I would of waited a couple months prior to sending it out. Always always goto a webforum prior to talking to the manufacturer for any problems with their item, Rrrighttt. Looking forward to reading about any other problems BKimbles99 has in future with it here as I will just let Compdiesel take care of it.
a guy can't find out it there is a common problem with something and not have someone get their dam panties in a bunch. He was just doing some research to see if maybe he needs to carry extra parts with him just in case, or if it was a freak probelm

Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01quadcab View Post
a guy can't find out it there is a common problem with something and not have someone get their dam panties in a bunch. He was just doing some research to see if maybe he needs to carry extra parts with him just in case, or if it was a freak probelm
you really think so? Most of the time there is more to the story. It's the guys first post, he came to complain because Opie didn't give up a free part on something that would be way out of any warranty from anyone (unless it's a K&N air filter)
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
I'm going to look at it this way, Bkimbles is asking if someone else has seen this problem before, I do not see it as an attack on anybody or anything (and trust me, I have seen plenty!).

That said, if someone else has seen this issue before, please, tell us about it AND the circumstances, i.e., miles installed, driving conditions, etc... No bashing!

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
dzlfarmboy

Name: dzlfarmboy
Title: Supporting Vendor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
you really think so? Most of the time there is more to the story. It's the guys first post, he came to complain because Opie didn't give up a free part on something that would be way out of any warranty from anyone (unless it's a K&N air filter)
No he didn't, He dosent even know who opie is, guess he was just curious if anybody else ever had an issue with that before it was bought through us and he never even asked if it was under warranty. just needed a new one which he got last sat morning. No bashing going on here. Opie makes good stuff.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
My MITUSA is the cat's ass. It is 10 kinds of simple, and works like a champ.
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
cashwheel

Name: cashwheel
Title: bolt on warrior
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38 View Post
My MITUSA is the cat's ass. It is 10 kinds of simple, and works like a champ.
Ditto, I will never run another electric problem box. I don't know about the dusty roads Opie. My truck stays dirty and I have never had the slightest issue, 60k and counting fast.

'04 Dodge dually 555 NV5600 4x4
- 62/65/12, Opie's MITUSA, tuning by CT Performance, Hamilton Cams 110# springs, gauges by Speedhut, rolling on "almost dubs" ---SOLD

New one - '08 Dodge QC SWB 4X4 Auto. Stock

Closed Thread