Sheids Street Cam??

to my knowlage the cams dont break because there regrinds the smap becaust there cheap cast steel and a modden p pump is dam hard to drive. althouhg i doubt being ground on helps make them stronger. i diddent know scheid did new cams. that was the main reason i was going to go with the h2 but i want some info before i shell out $$$ for something. i understand wanting to keep you competive edge but evere gas engine cam manuf tells you all the info anout his cam. why are they so hush hush with diesel cams.

It's not that they break, it's how they wear.

dont get me wrong when i say this i am all for f1 product but im not going to get on here and bash products.. this post was started because im selling the street cam that is being inquired about you guys can give your honest opinion which is fine. thats what this website is about. but like i said im not going to bash f1 products but you ask z stroken about f1 cams he has some info some ppl may not know or may not want to hear thats all i will say about f1 other than they are a great company. im in no way upset if he buys or doesnt buy my cam. he is here to learn whats the best just like the rest of us. so with that said good luck and i hope that he buys what best suits his needs wether it be my cam, f1, or maxspool.
thanks jeremy

dont get me wrong when i say this i am all for f1 product but im not going to get on here and bash products.. this post was started because im selling the street cam that is being inquired about you guys can give your honest opinion which is fine. thats what this website is about. but like i said im not going to bash f1 products but you ask z stroken about f1 cams he has some info some ppl may not know or may not want to hear thats all i will say about f1 other than they are a great company. im in no way upset if he buys or doesnt buy my cam. he is here to learn whats the best just like the rest of us. so with that said good luck and i hope that he buys what best suits his needs wether it be my cam, f1, or maxspool.
thanks jeremy

Don't drag me into the cam wars. :kick: I have enough people who don't like me, I don't need more.
The info he is referring to has been discussed on this site in the last month. Just was interesting to me as the brand wars always typically tend to bring out the entertainment!

im sorry dan i appologise disreguard above post

You don't need to apologize, I was just throwing up my yellow flag, saying don't shoot! What I told you was in confidence, since I have your number and you posted your address, well lets just say I hope you have everything in order!

J/K I just told you what I read on the interwebby, so it has to be true.

I will call you this evening(if your still with us) as I owe you some part numbers.

What do you guys know about these cams? Was told their street cam was good. Its the largest one without needing fly cuts. Anyone run this? Or know about it? What kind of power is it good for? Work good in a street/ occasional pulling truck?

Thanks,
Travis

Did you talk to Drew at EEP?
There in your neck of the woods. Billet, made for your needs.
FWIW I have an EEP cam in my Dmax

Sorry guys didnt mean to get anyone in an uproar. As bones said, I was looking at his cam and just asking on here as I know nothing about cams. Thank you guys for all the useful info so far. Im not trying to spend a **it ton on a cam, but want a good, reliable one I dont have to worry about. I do want one thats gonna add some decent power and help me spool up better.

Johnboy, I have not talked to Drew yet but planed to call them this week. I have got some stuff from them before.

Again thanks for the info and keep it coming guys!

Travis

I run the scheid street cam on my 06 and im really happy with it. Scheid is pricey but I believe you pay for what you get. We have alot of work done with scheid and brad and them at illinois have been nothing but great to us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Travis:

I wanted to let you know that NOT ALL of Scheid Diesel's Camshafts are regrinds! They can custom cut anything you want and will start with a new camshaft if that is what you want. However, they do sell "regrinds" for the street mainly to keep costs down to the customer.

FWIW, Scheid Diesel built my engine on my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve. I asked for and they built me a custom camshaft starting with a brand new cam! I did not want a "regrind." For your information, my pistons are cut to be able to run this particular cam, but that is not neccessary if you want a "street cam." For more information on any of this, I would recommend you talk to Brad Ingram @ Scheid Diesel (Effingham, Ill.) if you want to.
His toll-free number is: 1-800-669-1934. I have already put over 35,000 miles on my engine and have no problems with the camshaft or engine.

---------
John_P

It's funny John how you close a thread when the negative side is shown. There was no bashing. You gave your experience and I gave mine. There is always two side to a story.

Sorry, don't mean to take this OT but !

John I understand you're happy with what Scheid did for you. I think you probably know I also had my engine built with them too.

The problem with Scheid is... if you're not going to spend 20K with them... they barely give you the time of day. I did almost spend that much and can't get one return phone call. NOT ONE !!

I will say this... they do know their 12V engine but, know nothing about 3rd gens. Hell, Dustin is still having problem with his Scheid build.

I had to send them just about all the components I wanted installed because they wanted to sell me everything Scheid. Once they heard that... the whole attitude changed. Knowing what I was trying to build.... they didn't care... they only cared about selling me their products.

I picked my truck up the day before last years Scheid event. Went to the event and asked.... because i just spend what I did with you guys, can I get a free T shirt and maybe a free run on the dyno ( to see what they built ). You wouldn't believe the trouble they gave me for asking. Dan actually had to think about letting run the dyno.... are you kidding !!! When I was given the T shirt it was like they were breaking to bank to do so.

Pfffttt !! is what I say to Scheid. They aren't trying to help build high performance engines.... they're trying to make a fortune regrinding cams that they got for free in the first place.
triton:

Well,.............. let me answer two (2) of your posts in one of mine!

Let me start off by saying that I am sorry you aren't happy with the service or work Scheid Diesel did for you. But, with that being said, if I were in your shoes I would have personally talked to Dan Scheid about my concerns and tried to "make it right" before getting on a public website like this to "air my laundry." I know Dan very well and I KNOW he would have listened to you and helped you out if you had just given him a chance.

You said above, "You have to spend 20K with Scheid to get good service!"
"Triton",.....sorry to disagree with you, but that is wrong! Members here on CompD and on THIS THREAD who have posted like myself, smokinbillysgoat have NOT spent 20K and we have had great service! On DTR, Mike D. told you of his expereinces there and he also has not spent 20K and neither did DTR Member "dperf" who did not post there on that particular thread. I think we need to keep our facts straight here.

You also mention the dyno and T-shirt situation with Dan Scheid. I don't know when you were there, but I was at the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza last year helping Dan's employees on the dyno for two (2) full days and I can tell you WITHOUT A DOUBT we dynoed several trucks for free that had parts installed by them at that event! I also know that Dan Scheid happily gave away many T-shirts at that same event to some of the customers that had done business with them.

And as far as them "not trying to build high performance engines" but only trying to make a fortune selling reground cams" that is also wrong "triton!"
No,.... they aren't trying,........ THEY ARE DOING IT!! For the last four to five years either their own company or Scheid employees have dominated the sled pulling classes in DHRA/ITPA/IFTA,... and if their own Scheid Trucks or Scheid Employees have not done it, many of their Scheid Built engines are being run and are winning in those same classes by many of their customers like Robert Miller, Rod Tarr, Terry Martin to name a few.

Now on the same thread on DTR,......yep,.... your right it was "edited" and CLOSED and IMHO,......... the Moderators here should so the same thing.
When a thread goes from being an "informative exchange of ideas and thoughts between the Members" and into a "personal vendetta or personal attack" on a vendor, or it contains statements that are not true as those I outlined above, then IMHO the thread should be closed. I stand by my actions "triton." Sorry you don't agree with it!

---------------
Respectfully,

John_P

triton:

Well,.............. let me answer two (2) of your posts in one of mine!

Let me start off by saying that I am sorry you aren't happy with the service or work Scheid Diesel did for you. But, with that being said, if I were in your shoes I would have personally talked to Dan Scheid about my concerns and tried to "make it right" before getting on a public website like this to "air my laundry." I know Dan very well and I KNOW he would have listened to you and helped you out if you had just given him a chance.

You said above, "You have to spend 20K with Scheid to get good service!"
"Triton",.....sorry to disagree with you, but that is wrong! Members here on CompD and on THIS THREAD who have posted like myself, smokinbillysgoat have NOT spent 20K and we have had great service! On DTR, Mike D. told you of his expereinces there and he also has not spent 20K and neither did DTR Member "dperf" who did not post there on that particular thread. I think we need to keep our facts straight here.

You also mention the dyno and T-shirt situation with Dan Scheid. I don't know when you were there, but I was at the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza last year helping Dan's employees on the dyno for two (2) full days and I can tell you WITHOUT A DOUBT we dynoed several trucks for free that had parts installed by them at that event! I also know that Dan Scheid happily gave away many T-shirts at that same event to some of the customers that had done business with them.

And as far as them "not trying to build high performance engines" but only trying to make a fortune selling reground cams" that is also wrong "triton!"
No,.... they aren't trying,........ THEY ARE DOING IT!! For the last four to five years either their own company or Scheid employees have dominated the sled pulling classes in DHRA/ITPA/IFTA,... and if their own Scheid Trucks or Scheid Employees have not done it, many of their Scheid Built engines are being run and are winning in those same classes by many of their customers like Robert Miller, Rod Tarr, Terry Martin to name a few.

Now on the same thread on DTR,......yep,.... your right it was "edited" and CLOSED and IMHO,......... the Moderators here should so the same thing.
When a thread goes from being an "informative exchange of ideas and thoughts between the Members" and into a "personal vendetta or personal attack" on a vendor, or it contains statements that are not true as those I outlined above, then IMHO the thread should be closed. I stand by my actions "triton." Sorry you don't agree with it!

---------------
Respectfully,

John_P
John, I must respectfully disagree. Ty has always expressed concern with the lack of attention he's been given with his Schied engine, even when they were building it. You've had a good relationship with them and he's had a bad one. What makes your opinion more worthy than his? Since when isn't he allowed to post his experience?

I don't care whether he's spent $1 or $100k, his customer experience should be the same.

John, I must respectfully disagree. Ty has always expressed concern with the lack of attention he's been given with his Schied engine, even when they were building it. You've had a good relationship with them and he's had a bad one. What makes your opinion more worthy than his? Since when isn't he allowed to post his experience?

I don't care whether he's spent $1 or $100k, his customer experience should be the same.

Thank you Brandon... my point exactly.

FYI John, I made every attempt to contact through emails, phone messages and not one response. It got to the point I wrote a letter that was forwarded not only to Dan but, the manager at the store where the work was done. Yeah, I could have pushed harder but... I'm not going to beg them for help.

BTW... this was all almost a year ago now. You've not seen one word about it from me till now. I'm also not looking for anything from them anymore.

I'm not complaining just stating my experience. Yeah, I might have said something that they wouldn't appreciate but, I don't feel I've bashed in anyway. I gave up on them back then just like I've gave up on any dealer support two days after I bought my truck. True customer service is a rarity anymore.

The only reason I made the post was to give a different perspective from what your positive post was. It's done all the time.

I wanted to add my C&P from the other thread.

I had the exact opposite impression of Scheid. I spent WAYYY less than 20,000 and Dan Scheid gave me his cell number to call him if I had any problems. He called me a couple of times to make sure all was good with my truck.

I don't begrudge any company from making a profit, if I feel a company is asking too much for the work, it's my propagative to shop else where.

If you're going to accuse Scheid of anything, it might be that Scheid charges a premium for their work as would any top engine shop! They have a track record for building engine programs that win.

Plugging Scheid might last at DTR but, I don't think you'll find too much love for them at this forum. I don't know maybe the pulling guys here may like them.

Scheids superior, expensive and arrogant ways proceeds them.

Back