Dv change to cut smoke is worse after?

therabbittree

I have New Era 435's I was running lazercut dv's . Ran fine just lil too much smoke. Even at highway speeds. Decided i wanted less smoke so joe st pulled the lazer dvs and put some stock 152/22 dvs in and now it pops blows blue and white. No shims lost, holder springs in correct position etc. I even tightened the star wheel to smoke less.
Any ideas? Looks like ill be putting lazerdv back in...
Thanks,
Deo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What # are they? Same holders? My old 160pump had huge holders. Any hold put the lasers back in and loosened afc , and it stoped smoking white and blue. Back to the slight haze and reg smoke i was trying to get rid of. I'd like to have 350-400 smokeless 12v.

What # are they? Same holders? My old 160pump had huge holders. Any hold put the lasers back in and loosened afc , and it stoped smoking white and blue. Back to the slight haze and reg smoke i was trying to get rid of. I'd like to have 350-400 smokeless 12v.

I got them from pdd, they use the same holders as stock and just drop in. The part# being 7mm. For 400hp you should just run like 191's.

Stock dvs installed will get you a easy 400hp and you can be clean out the tailpipe if tuned correctly. Have done it multiple times with great results. No need for a afc controller. That's just a coverup for not knowing how to tune correctly.

Stock dvs installed will get you a easy 400hp and you can be clean out the tailpipe if tuned correctly. Have done it multiple times with great results. No need for a afc controller. That's just a coverup for not knowing how to tune correctly.

:clap: good answer :clap: good answer. :clap:

I haven't tuned many 12v's, but Brad is correct. It doesn't take a ton of experience to tune the AFC, just time. Kids come in all the time with smoky pigs. If they will pay, I play with the AFC and get it pretty nice.

:(Not to hijack the thread but I'm having the same issue, just swapped out my lazer cuts and put in my new 7mm dvs from pdd, not sure if it's a coincidence but the next day it started hazing really bad blue smoke, and I can hear a weird sound in my exhaust every few seconds like a sorta miss fire or something fuel injection related. Had to hit the road for work and haven't had time to figure it out. :(

Sucks, I put my lazers back in and it took 3 days to stop blowing blue smoke at idle?? Strange its drives fine now, only smoke is dark when u get on it or haze rolling down highway at 65 and up. Not sure why it was blue smoke and why it went away ?

Back