Question about October Houston pulls

Gene
If I didn't know you the way I do and I read what you posted I'd say go blow yourself!!
But since I do know what a wiener you can be I'll overlook it and help spread the word.

Last edited:
Is sledpuller, who you guys are referring to as Gene, Gene Mohney - Sled Pulling Field Director of the DHRA?

If so, Gene, you need to take a lesson in people skills dude. When you are dealing with people who are potential sources of income (i.e. entry fees, membership dues, etc) it is most unwise to be an asshole to them. Also, you should present yourself in a professional manner when representing a professional organization (i.e. posting information about a DHRA sledpull).

If I were in Eric McBride's shoes right now, you and I would have some issues to discuss.
Stop being a jerk to people who simply want to have fun at a DHRA event.

Whats with the Texas slam every chance you get. If it wasn't for David Lott starting this event back in the day the DHRA would have only the Indy event to salvage its attendance records for the year. :eek:wned:

Like that applies to me.
Ok I need a smily that has a dagger stabbed into a bleeding heart that I just ripped out of a chest.....or something similar Rich.

Last year we ran a hook for fun on Saturday, no real tech, Tech did a quick once over for safety and for $10 everyone hooked to the sled. Sunday will be the rules-enforced Work Stock and Street Diesel DHRA pull.
We currently are planning to do the same again. We are all getting ready for our Warsaw, IN pull tomorrow and will talk more about it so that we are on the same line. We'll be more clear next week, sorry for any frustration.

Sledpuller said:
Hes not asking about format, hes asking whether his customers in Texas can get away with no safety equipment because they live in Texas.

Um, I don't have any customers; I'm not a vendor. I also don't live in Texas. I'm asking because I'd like to pull again and that's the one chance I'll get to pull this year. Why are you being such an ass?

THANX FOR PROPERLY ANSWERING MY QUESTION ERIC! :D

Now hold on Garrett, before you get too excited. Gene was unable to attend today's Texas meetings here at DHRA central. I said we a planning to do it again, but understand that if Gene doesn't want to do it exactly the way we did it last year, he has final word.
The point last year was to have a relaxed-rules portion for sled pulling because of the lack of sanctioned pulls in Texas. It was an opportunity for folks to hook to the sled for the FIRST time.
Let see what Gene says first, before we get too ahead of ourselves.

I love this thread, it starts with a simple simple question from Garret, which got a simple answer.

Then, we have drag races galore come in and muck it up. Hellman, crewgirl, PSR, CC12, MCBRIDE...on and on...

It is a PULLERS responsibility to find out what the rules are at any given pull he/she wishes to attend.

DHRA is not in the business of having a free for all, run what ya brung type pull.

Tomorrow, at the Warsaw, Indiana pull,I will inform Eric, and Dave Dunbar what the pulling format will be in Houston, and it will be posted.
It will be very similar to Las Vegas.

Imelmo, you are welcome to pull, pick a class, get your safety up to snuff, and unhook your drugs!!!

I just reread this thread, and I dont think my answers were out of line at all--simple and too the point, unless you are a Texan dragracer.........

The trouble, is the answer was not what they wanted to hear.:rules:

CC12V said:
Whats with the Texas slam every chance you get. If it wasn't for David Lott starting this event back in the day the DHRA would have only the Indy event to salvage its attendance records for the year. :eek:wned:

Oh, and you are confusing DRAGRACING in general attendance, compared to DHRA as a whole.

Fact: dragracing is not a big spectator draw, Diesel or otherwise.

Fact, sledpulling is, and better yet, DHRA sledpulling has been having GREAT attendance.

Go argue dragracing with Dunbar, thats his baby, that wont give up the bottle.*nx*

Gene-

I fully understand the rules. Thanks!

Maybe if the people want a no rules pull, they can pay an extra entry fee or something if time allows. The extra entry could pay Lowry's for their time, and have the free for all before the DHRA trucks. Just a thought.

Sledpuller said:
I just reread this thread, and I dont think my answers were out of line at all--simple and too the point, unless you are a Texan dragracer.........

The trouble, is the answer was not what they wanted to hear.:rules:
I would just perfer not having a bunch of local people coming to me at the last minute wanting stuff welded on here and there. Drag racing has nothing to do with it.Smart ass!

Sledpuller said:
I love this thread, it starts with a simple simple question from Garret, which got a simple answer.

Then, we have drag races galore come in and muck it up. Hellman, crewgirl, PSR, CC12, MCBRIDE...on and on...

It is a PULLERS responsibility to find out what the rules are at any given pull he/she wishes to attend.

DHRA is not in the business of having a free for all, run what ya brung type pull.

Tomorrow, at the Warsaw, Indiana pull,I will inform Eric, and Dave Dunbar what the pulling format will be in Houston, and it will be posted.
It will be very similar to Las Vegas.

Imelmo, you are welcome to pull, pick a class, get your safety up to snuff, and unhook your drugs!!!

Elmo,I did not know that you changed your name to Garrett??!:hehe: :rules:

well if i have all my stuff in and on the truck and tuned in i might show up would like to do a pull just for the heck of it guess i will need to get that bailing wire out and fashion me a drive shaft strap LOL (just kidding before i get attacked LOL) would like to do a pull but not going to go to a lot of extra expence just to do it one time for kicks ! oh well if i make it hope to see some of the comp diesel folks ! if i don't make it have fun !!!!!!!!!

moneymaker44 said:
would like to do a pull but not going to go to a lot of extra expence just to do it one time for kicks ! !

And we would like you not to kill anyone just for kicks!!!

Safety rules are different for each of the 4 classes, they are governed by rpm and HP. You may need minimal parts.

However, if you have a thread on this site about dynoing 1000 HP, better order a blanket, and some U-joint shields!!

imelmo said:
Are these gonna be a run-what-you-brung outlaw style pull like last year or are they gonna be subject to regular sled pull rules? Personally I LOVED the outlaw style. Plus that gives a lot of people who've never pulled (like I hadn't) to try it out and get "hooked". :D

Sledpuller said:
Download the rules, and get your trucks equipped properly with safety equipment.

I think if Sled puller would have stated something like this,

"Last year we had a run-what-you-brung outlaw style pull. This year we will not. We are having both pulls follow the DHRA rules. Sorry if this makes any inconvienience but there is plenty of time. Download the rules, and get your trucks equipped properly with safety equipment. See you there."

Back