Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #41
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Exactly! I, for one, had know clue who he was or that he had anything to do with the DHRA. I asked a yes or no question and didn't get a yes or no answer, but a statement from who knows who.

And the statements went downhill from there.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #42
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubeowner
I think if Sled puller would have stated something like this,

"Last year we had a run-what-you-brung outlaw style pull. This year we will not. We are having both pulls follow the DHRA rules. Sorry if this makes any inconvienience but there is plenty of time. Download the rules, and get your trucks equipped properly with safety equipment. See you there."

Well yea, maybe, but then that would be uh, half truths!! Why sugar coat it?

imlemo, I am crushed you dont who Sledpuller is, I guess I've been out of the seat for a while, and you newbs haven't been around around long enough to remember the good old days on the message boards, when 5000 was a lot of members.

You are right about the comments going south, I feel I am owed apologies from several who posted on this thread.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #43
Pangela

Name: Pangela
Title: Not here.
Member`s Gallery
Gene. C'mon now. Get serious. Stop being an asshole. I can't bring my truck. It's too far for me to drive, it's 30 hours. Just not worth it for me. But I will have a dodge neon from Enterprise. I won't know the mods on it though, as you know how those rental car agencies are. Can I pull please?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #44
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Member`s Gallery
Let me let you guys and girls in on a lil secret, Pudpuller has a inferiority complex so he has to act all big and bad when in reality and in person he a big teddy bear, basically all bark and no bite
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #45
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
No.
Not a diesel. Leave the gasser trash at home.
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #46
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
Show up with 800 Hp and see if you get to pull with no safety equipment, David.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, never mind!!!

As anyone even read the rules to see what they need yet?
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org
"I love it when a poser intellection drivels himself into oblivion.."Inimmo77"post Bish and quit staring at the fing screen"jponder

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #47
Pangela

Member`s Gallery
Gene! I cannot believe you called my rental Neon a trasher. I'm totally finding your rental jitney and spreading the love on that back window... I'm still debating on what to write on there Maybe... DHRA Teddy Bear. lmao.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #48
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
This thread kinda makes me glad I'm not a sledpuller in the DHRA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #49
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
You guy's and gal's just got know Gennie, I get along with Her because I know already She is an A S S H O L E !!!!!!!

BBD

Old 08-15-2007, 04:47 PM   #50
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
The Kentucky pullers have been calling us Yankees since we started pulling with them. It doesn't hurt my feelings.

It amuses me, that several of you, attack me, while preaching that I shouldn't do that very thing!!( which I wasn't)

Thanks for backing me up Scott!!lmao!!
Amsoil sold here
fairtax.org

Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #51
JDGnut

Name: JDGnut
Member`s Gallery
So to pull on Saturday... we need saftey equipment.. but there will be no clases.. Correct???

Old 08-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #52
moneymaker44

Name: moneymaker44
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller
And we would like you not to kill anyone just for kicks!!!

Safety rules are different for each of the 4 classes, they are governed by rpm and HP. You may need minimal parts.

However, if you have a thread on this site about dynoing 1000 HP, better order a blanket, and some U-joint shields!!
killing for kicks is not my style i gotta be paid

safety rules i understand well ! what i was getting at is even though i would like to do a pull for kicks it would not be worth extra cost just to get rigged out so i could pull even if i only need minor items to do it.

and if i had 1000hp i would be one happy camper or should i say racer
my old truck does good to smoke when i punch it .

Old 08-16-2007, 04:12 AM   #53
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
Good!! Two reasonable posts!! In a row!!
There will be classes both days, plus extra hooks after the classes pull on Saturday, time allowing. You must pull in one of the 4 classes, to be able to pull after they are over.

I'll get details posted as soon as possible. The Danville Illinois pull is this Saturday, and is taking the little extra time we have.

Does anyone have a question on what class they would be in?

Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 AM   #54
JW3

Name: JW3
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Oh, and you are confusing DRAGRACING in general attendance, compared to DHRA as a whole.

Fact: dragracing is not a big spectator draw, Diesel or otherwise.

Fact, sledpulling is, and better yet, DHRA sledpulling has been having GREAT attendance.
No kidding there. I would rather stay at home and watch tv than watch a drag race. Indy there was like 2 people in the stands for the diesel drags.

The truck pulls had just about everybody in attendance in the stands! (like 5000 people)

Last edited by JW3; 08-16-2007 at 06:30 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #55
imelmo

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Does anyone have a question on what class they would be in?

I'm pretty sure I'd be in the Hot, Street Diesel class after reading the rules. But is there a tire SIZE rule in that class? I would've bet money I had seen something before about no larger than a 35" or 36" tire, but all I see in the rules under tire for that class is that they must be a DOT tire and can't be cut. Only the Mod class mentions anything about tire size. Just wanna make sure.

Also, when y'all state all components of the nitrous system must be removed, is removing just the bottle and solenoids ok, or do I have to pull the lines and everything?

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #56
duke1n

Name: duke1n
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
I can't help myself... If safety was truly a paramount concern, the ones that should be held accountable and punished are the parents of the participants of this dreadfully boring activity. Call it a helmet, or a safety blanket, or even a scatter shield, but the true violators of safety and responsibility are the mommies and daddies of you backwoods hillbillies who forgot to don a prophylactic while cavorting around the bedroom however many years ago each of you were conceived.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #57
Pangela

Member`s Gallery
Duke, don't be a hater. It takes huge balls to hook your daily driver to a sled and yank it down the track in a black smoke belching display of redneck power. And for chit's sake, leave my parents out of this. Mom was on the pill, but I said, F that, and snuck right on through - full well knowing that I'd have opportunities like this in life, to give you hell

Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #58
imelmo

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n
I can't help myself... If safety was truly a paramount concern, the ones that should be held accountable and punished are the parents of the participants of this dreadfully boring activity. Call it a helmet, or a safety blanket, or even a scatter shield, but the true violators of safety and responsibility are the mommies and daddies of you backwoods hillbillies who forgot to don a prophylactic while cavorting around the bedroom however many years ago each of you were conceived.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #59
DirtyBlonde

Name: DirtyBlonde
Title: The Pink & Black Attack
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n

I hate to continue to muddy the water in this already really weird thread....BUT...
This from a man who walks at events.

We may be backwoods hillbillies, but at least our sh*t runs. Somebody's just mad his mama didn't drop him enough.

As for Gene's sometimes harsh exterior, yet lovable flagging gestures and pre-pull banter: for a sport full of tough guys, y'all sure do get butt hurt pretty easy. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor man who has to organize all of us.

'98 24V... A buncha crap and 5 transmissions later... It's still too slow.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #60
crewgirl

Name: crewgirl
Title: Inmate #28
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imelmo
I'm pretty sure I'd be in the Hot, Street Diesel class after reading the rules. But is there a tire SIZE rule in that class? I would've bet money I had seen something before about no larger than a 35" or 36" tire, but all I see in the rules under tire for that class is that they must be a DOT tire and can't be cut. Only the Mod class mentions anything about tire size. Just wanna make sure.

Also, when y'all state all components of the nitrous system must be removed, is removing just the bottle and solenoids ok, or do I have to pull the lines and everything?
I think that with the way Gene has been reacting to you Danny, that if it's not a rule yet it will be that the lines have to come off, just to keep drag racers out of his sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
yes...set your purse down, pull your skirt up, and grow a set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
dont argue with anna. she knows everything

Closed Thread