5r110 questions

You control it with a pcs trans controller and find someone that knows how to set one up. The pcs can cause some serious damage to a 5r if not setup properly.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Only thing I've noticed about these tranny's is that they might seem strong but we all forget they are behind a 6.0 powerstroke which even at its best isn't a very strong motor torquewise. I'm sure it can be built but the 47/48re's can be built a helluva lot stronger

Only thing I've noticed about these tranny's is that they might seem strong but we all forget they are behind a 6.0 powerstroke which even at its best isn't a very strong motor torquewise. I'm sure it can be built but the 47/48re's can be built a helluva lot stronger

They are strong because we can have a 500hp truck without a built trans. Something Dodge/GM can't do.

500hp.. that's it? Put a 500hp cummins behind a stock 5r110 and it will eat it up. HP isn't what kills the tranny, it's torque that does it. But you're right Dodge 47/48re won't hold but the 68rfe will and the Allison is at its limit as well

Only thing I've noticed about these tranny's is that they might seem strong but we all forget they are behind a 6.0 powerstroke which even at its best isn't a very strong motor torquewise.

They also live behind the 6.4s and a tuned 6.4 is no slouch. I'm amazed at how many people run tuner boxes on 6.4s with stock 5R110s.

You control it with a pcs trans controller and find someone that knows how to set one up. The pcs can cause some serious damage to a 5r if not setup properly.

I know at least 2 Cummins conversions that have tried to use a 5R110 controlled by a PCS and both have failed. And 1 started with a 5R110 and stopped and went with an Allison.

That is all I know about that subject though. I don't want to say anything bad but I also don't like people suffering needlessly.

I think you got burnt so your scared of the 47re. But to me it sounds like your just opening a bigger can of worms by swapping to a 4 or 5r. Building a reliable 47re for a 500hp daily driver is not hard nor expensive if you play your cards right. I built mine myself and have ran the snot out of it since day 1 with no hiccups yet.i haven't dyno'd yet but guys with simalar setups dyno'd at 700+ at the wheels

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back