How quickly will it blow.....

So CFT and Stainless diesel are going to throw 100% overs and compounds at the 5.0l Cummins. It's currently making near 600hp with stock fuel and a single 5 blade 366.... making 70lbs of boost on stock bolts and bottom end.

Now with them making this huge jump it'll be interesting.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10104818422454825&id=1012248782206233&ref=group_header

I have been following this a bit as well Blackmega, should be interesting... And not to derail your thread but it may be related.. Did you see any of the posts from Castle Customs or maybe it was Kastle Kustoms? He posted a series of pictures of bottom ends ranging from stock 5.0L to his personal S366 swapped 5.0L. All with varying miles from as low as 10K to 75K. Anyway they all show signs of serious heat damage on the journals. After he posted it quickly turned into an "Amsoil cures cancer thread" and got completely out of hand and he pulled the thread. Wondering if anyone here on CompD saw this as well? Im going to see if I can dig anything up more on this & I will post it here

I have been following this a bit as well Blackmega, should be interesting... And not to derail your thread but it may be related.. Did you see any of the posts from Castle Customs or maybe it was Kastle Kustoms? He posted a series of pictures of bottom ends ranging from stock 5.0L to his personal S366 swapped 5.0L. All with varying miles from as low as 10K to 75K. Anyway they all show signs of serious heat damage on the journals. After he posted it quickly turned into an "Amsoil cures cancer thread" and got completely out of hand and he pulled the thread. Wondering if anyone here on CompD saw this as well? Im going to see if I can dig anything up more on this & I will post it here

Well the whole running a 10w 30 on a "medium duty" diesel is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I live in Texas obviously so colds not a concern, but 5w 40 T6 will alway be in this bisch! Anything thinner and your asking for problems.

Last edited:
Bearing and crank damage always just fixes itself. Just add snake oil.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bearing and crank damage always just fixes itself. Just add snake oil.

Lol....from your lips to God’s ears sir! Its unfortunate that thread got soo freaking out of hand about Amsoil fixing the issue. Ridiculous really. Im still digging & even emailed the guy to see if he will post pictures here where an intelligent and seasoned discussion can maybe shed some light on this possible issue w/ these engines

Well the whole running a 10w 30 on a "medium duty" diesel is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I live in Texas obviously so colds not a concern, but 5w 40 T6 will alway be in this bisch! Anything thinner and your asking for problems.

Agreed! I have run nothing but T5 15w40 syn blend for the first 45K and now i am running the new T6 15w40 full syn.

The engines were designed with compound turbos and Nissan ditched them.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

This mothafukka has lost his mind!

Screenshot-20190619-202713-Samsung-Internet.jpg

That is a ludicrous price for what looks like a really terrible driving setup. 3800 worth of turbos...they're wild af.

If this is the only current "kit" option, seems a prime opportunity for someone to bring a better matched setup to market at a realistic price.

So for 18,200 you get a ratty looking compound setup, lose your hood, and takes 15 seconds to spool...….. hell of a deal.

Back