Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
j-rod

Name: j-rod
Title: Up to no good
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHughes View Post
I agree...Ideally it would be a true conversion injector...I'm leaving mine at VP pressures untill I can afford to have them converted.
So who is doing these "true conversion injectors" since Don M is not?

14 CC LB
99 QC LB
01 TDI

Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #42
ETH/DEE

Name: ETH/DEE
Title: Fick mich
Member`s Gallery
No one yet.. hopefully somebody will step up to the plate....
Sun Coast
II

Old 11-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #43
GRotman

Name: GRotman
Title: Chief Indian
Member`s Gallery
We are working on it.

ENGINEERED DIESEL
visit us @ www.engineered-diesel.com

Old 11-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #44
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
Any more info? Price, availability?

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower

Old 11-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #45
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
For about 1/2 the price of a set of injectors I bought a pop tester and the parts to re-set the pressures. I'm hoping that i can do my own body mods and then be able to find a place that makes good nozzles. Better yet, maybe Don will still be willing to make nozzles if he doesn't have to mod the bodies. The F1's still make the most power with the least smoke and idle the best. If it's just a generic tip honed out , it's going to run like crap even if the mods are done. Don putting out all this info scared me into realizing that without his stuff I would have scrapped the p-pump conversion several years ago.

On a side note, The Injectors I got from Monster Pump Mike ended up In Joe Higuera's truck. He made 795 on fuel and 1187 on nitrous last weekend with a 12mm pump that Chris has played with, but hasn't been to a pump shop. Not bad for injectors that haven't had the mods done yet.

Last edited by RonA; 11-11-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #46
ETH/DEE

Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=RonA;912313]Don putting out all this info scared me into realizing that without his stuff I would have scrapped the p-pump conversion several years ago.
[QUOTE]

The sad part is, not all of us have the grace to get such one off parts from someone who has the means/knowledge/ability to make the parts but wont since theres not a huge demand.

I Shoulda bought a CR I guess..
Sun Coast
II

Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #47
RonA

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

The sad part is, not all of us have the grace to get such one off parts from someone who has the means/knowledge/ability to make the parts but wont since theres not a huge demand.

What problem are you having with your current injectors? What are you looking for with your p-pump conversion?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #48
ETH/DEE

Member`s Gallery
Other than them being outdated, not set up for Ppump specs, and lacking everything Don has already stated in this thread... None. But for all I know, the pattern/angle could be all wrong, outside of the bowl, not atomizing/opening correctly, ect. Yeah I could send either set of my sticks to someone to lower the opening pressure. But as Don has said, thats basically just a band aid. How the eff does DDP know that my 200's are in the bowl at 20* with my 215hp pump and 24VHO motor?

What would I like out of my conversion? Piece of mind that my Injection pump isnt gonna go south (the main reason the conversion caught my interest), 600+HP on paper so I can brag to my friends, and to beat all the raggies at the local brush pulls.

It saddens me that someone who knows how to build an application correct injector wont do so because there isn't a huge demand for them. Maybe my pockets aren't deep enough???

Any advice/input is strongly encouraged. Im not out to bash anyone or there product. I just want whats best for my truck...
Sun Coast
II

Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #49
Warpig

Name: Warpig
Title: 12V killer
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=ETH/DEE;912357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post

Ya, then you could melt pistons

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 11-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #50
Warpig

Member`s Gallery
That came out all wrong....Sorry Ron. Aaron, quit your *****en and run your sticks, I don't think it makes that big of a difference.

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #51
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery
Seeing as how so many people have been running off the shelf VP sticks with no issues and are making good power then I wouldn't worry to much about it. Once again the question comes out, how much power are we talking here and for what cost and is it justified. Most likely, and I haven't seen numbers on this to back it up, the added power wouldn't be worth the added cost. Unless we are leaving 30+hp on the table I don't think its worth the cost.

But who knows, maybe ED and RonA can come up with a cost effective solution. That would be neat to see. Honestly though I don't think there's enough interest to market these type of injectors main stream and in enough quantity to bring the cost down to a reasonable level but I guess time will tell.

Tyler Williams

Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #52
RonA

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETH/DEE View Post
Other than them being outdated, not set up for Ppump specs, and lacking everything Don has already stated in this thread... None. But for all I know, the pattern/angle could be all wrong, outside of the bowl, not atomizing/opening correctly, ect. Yeah I could send either set of my sticks to someone to lower the opening pressure. But as Don has said, thats basically just a band aid. How the eff does DDP know that my 200's are in the bowl at 20* with my 215hp pump and 24VHO motor?

What would I like out of my conversion? Piece of mind that my Injection pump isnt gonna go south (the main reason the conversion caught my interest), 600+HP on paper so I can brag to my friends, and to beat all the raggies at the local brush pulls.

It saddens me that someone who knows how to build an application correct injector wont do so because there isn't a huge demand for them. Maybe my pockets aren't deep enough???

Any advice/input is strongly encouraged. Im not out to bash anyone or there product. I just want whats best for my truck...
Talk to Chad(CL2000). He made the power you are looking for with a single and his p-pump conversion. He could probably help.
Also, I am not getting into the injector business. I bought some things so that i could freshen up my own stuff, and prep my own bodies so that i would have an easier time getting injectors. I deal with enough grumpy people in my current job.

Last edited by RonA; 11-11-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #53
ETH/DEE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Be nice Tim.
Its OK, I saw Tim dressed like a Village person driving a 2WD Ford gasser yesterday so im not scared.

Anyone know how much Don charged for the modified bodies??? Does the fact that the 24V bodies are fed from the side inhibit anything?
Sun Coast
II

Last edited by ETH/DEE; 11-11-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #54
Warpig

Member`s Gallery
What's all this edit business??

Last edited by RonA : Today at 08:43 PM.

Last edited by ETH/DEE : Today at 08:57 PM.

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #55
ETH/DEE

Member`s Gallery
....Im half in the bag as usual....

Could a new body be made ready to accept the 12V spring and 24V nozzle?
Sun Coast
II

Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #56
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Untill a dyno that proves a converted inj is dominant I'll stick with my cheap INJ

And Ron has already done this

Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #57
bnold

Name: bnold
Title: Cummins. What else?
Member`s Gallery
I went through this with Don beginning of this year when I did my conversion... Sure the 'converted' injectors would have been ideal, but the price tag at the time was more than I wanted to spend (My conversion cost me a total of $0... well about $300 if you include my miller timing kit)...

I picked up a set of 7x.014 injectors cant remember what the pop was set to, but they have been GREAT thus far... I had a bit of an idle lope that had me concerned at first, but was remedied with another click on the Gov springs... Idle is very smooth, power is linear and predictable, and towing heavy is Zero problem for me.... Have never looked back...

Old 11-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #58
JIT

Name: JIT
Title: Cummin in Hot
Member`s Gallery
So Dons off the shelf VP injectors are working best in this application? doing a P-pump conversion in the next week or so and need to get a set of injectors. Mach 6's or 7's. probably!?!? Whats considered a "pulling" injector on a P-pumped 24v?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #59
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery
If I remember this thread correctly Don is no longer making the conversion injectors because they are so time consuming and troublesome. Just use your VP injectors and you can either have the pop off's lowered or leave them factory and add in a couple extra degrees of timing to compensate. They'll be just fine.

Tyler Williams

Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #60
CL2000

Name: CL2000
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgBlDodge View Post
If I remember this thread correctly Don is no longer making the conversion injectors because they are so time consuming and troublesome. Just use your VP injectors and you can either have the pop off's lowered or leave them factory and add in a couple extra degrees of timing to compensate. They'll be just fine.
I would not lower, they do not work nearly as well lower 4200-4500 is best. I have played with enough injectors to find this out.

Closed Thread