Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #41
08wstroke

Name: 08wstroke
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade - SKPPARTS View Post
Im just curios where most of you are located ??
Im about 30 miles from the TS event
Scottsville KY

Old 01-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #42
chromedome1

Name: chromedome1
Title: Diesel for life.
Member`s Gallery
We are coming from eastern NC. Hoping to be in BG Friday am! Would love to see DfC banners and gruops at all events. Goal for 2011??????????????

Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #43
01tireshredder

Name: 01tireshredder
Title: Diesel Speed Freak
Member`s Gallery
DFC

Hey all,
I just joined this forum & I would love to get involved. It is awesome to see so many other enthusiusts down for the supreme Master. Without HIM we would all be nothing. I have two wonderful children myself ( SON 12 & DAUGHTER 10 ). I also have several great grandchildren as well, 2 of which live with us ( 3 & 3 months ). The 3 year old would probably be with us. Please kep me informed so that I can get off work long enough to make it. It sounds like it will be a very promising event.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #44
01tireshredder

Name: 01tireshredder
Title: Diesel Speed Freak
Member`s Gallery
PS, I will be coming from Mustang, Ok. No hill for a stepper, especially when you promote our FATHER.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #45
Southpaw

Name: Southpaw
Title: Slower than most
Member`s Gallery
I'm coming from Central/Northern VA. Remington to be exact.

'02 F-250/CC/LB
aFe II, 6" stack, DP-tuned, JWVB, ATS housing, WW, and a whole lot of other stuff that noone cares about.

<><

COLOSSIANS 2:8

Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #46
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
Hope to have a good showing of Faith. Any one with ideas please post em!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #47
firefighter56

Name: firefighter56
Title: Train Conductor
Member`s Gallery
I saw in an earlier post someone was asking where everyone was going to Church while at BG. Can I make a reccomendation that this group hold our own service there on the grounds and have some signs around saying where and when it will be so that other people could come if they wanted to? Just a suggestion, I know that someone will have to have a sermon, and I'm not the man for that, and that there will have to be some planning in it, but I think that it could have a great turnout and outreach for God.

Doug

Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #48
Southpaw

Member`s Gallery
Well i'm definitely not the man for the preaching job either.

That's just not one of the gifts the good lord has given me.

To be honest, we maybe could do both? We could have like a mini sermon and a community prayer(or several) with anyone who wants to join us, but I really also like the idea of filling a church parking lot with big diesel trucks on a Sunday morning, and then all going inside to worship with the locals from BG.

I think that after what happened last year at TS this could do some good in the eyes of the BG community.

Now don't get me wrong, this is not all for show....it's going to be more about coming together, worshiping together, getting to know each other. I am just trying to think what would also have the most impact. We can try to impact our own community from the inside, and show the residents of BG that we are trying to live right also.

Just some thoughts.....

This all depends on whether or not someone wants to give a sermon.

'02 F-250/CC/LB
aFe II, 6" stack, DP-tuned, JWVB, ATS housing, WW, and a whole lot of other stuff that noone cares about.

<><

Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 AM   #49
Southpaw

Member`s Gallery
Actually, I know there is a guy on another forum that is an ordained minister. I could get in touch with him and see if he is going to TS and see if he would be interested in doing a sermon if this is a route we decide to go.

'02 F-250/CC/LB

<><

Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #50
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
I think it would be great to have a service at event. Someone find us a good God fearing minister and we will go from that.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #51
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
With my deepest regrets, I will not make the Bowling Green trip in May. My sister in law is getting married that Saturday. I am looking for someone who can take the torch and run with it if you will. I need to send banner, decals and bibles to someone who will help with promoting if you will. Anyone who is going or who lives nearby please let me know if interested. Thanks

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #52
Southpaw

Member`s Gallery
I haven't posted in this thread for a while now either.
Situations change and life happens....as much as I want to go to this event, I will not be able to make it to BG after all. Just not what is in the cards for my family this year.
We'll say a prayer for all of you who still plan on meeting up!
Let us know how everything goes!

Chris

'02 F-250/CC/LB

<><

Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #53
StraightDiesel

Name: StraightDiesel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Calling all diesel for christ

I own straightdiesels.com and I do diesel events... I am the son of a baptist preacher but most importantly a son of GOD!!! I need support from other christians in the diesel community to witness to grow my FAMILY FRIENDLY events... I have a good place for DFC to get together in 2010! April 17th NADM drags at Rockingham Dragway starting at 9am followed by sled pull at Straight Diesel Pullin Park. Check out straightdiesels.com for out schedule... The events at Straight Diesel Pullin Park in Peachland NC and Big Lick Festival Park in Oakboro NC will be alcohol free events please come down and make your presence known I will do all that I can to support DFC!! Thanks I hope that we can make an impact on the diesel community

Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #54
GENESIS01

Name: GENESIS01
Title: Learning as I Go
Member`s Gallery
Will you be able to attend the Outlaw Striaght?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #55
GENESIS01

Name: GENESIS01
Title: Learning as I Go
Member`s Gallery
Man I would hate to see a lot of people have to drop from this...If we could get a booth/banner/etc...and get a minister for a sermon sunday...it would be hard to beat I mean right there on the strip, having a sermon? Thats awesome haha

Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #56
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
I can get a banner and other promotianal material to anyone who could put together a booth! Thanks

Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #57
biged681985

Name: biged681985
Title: Arklahoma Bombers
Member`s Gallery
ill be at TS and think it would be cool to have someone do a sermon on sunday. i wouldnt want to be the one leading it, but would be glad to give a hand in it
2006 Ram 2500, Bosch Motorsports with Ducky Fuel Injection 200% nozzles, Fleece 10mm pump with an ATS twin fueler kit, billet S467.7 on a ATS 2nd gen manifold, Colt Stage 4 cam, ARP studs, lowered 2" in the front, 4" in the rear

Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #58
chromedome1

Member`s Gallery
Anyone want banner and decals to disperse?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #59
StraightDiesel

Name: StraightDiesel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Lord's work before mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENESIS01 View Post
Will you be able to attend the Outlaw Striaght?
I'm afraid not.. some people I know opened up a coffee house in town called Hebews Coffee and I am helping them organize a youth rally for that saturday...gotta put the Lord's work before mine...I hate to miss it but I would also hate missing out on getting to witness to young people please pray for this youth rally... Hey chrome I would be glad to put up some banners and hand out some decals at my April 17th event... I just found out today that it will be televised too so I will make sure those banner's get some air time

Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #60
XLR8R

Name: XLR8R
Title: Crew Chief
Member`s Gallery
Dang guys, don't Satan steal this opportunity to glorify God!

Surely someone is going to TS that isn't embarassed to talk about our Lord to strangers & friends alike... no need for eloquence or theology - loving Jesus is all the qualification necessary to introduce another person to the greatest gift they'll ever receive.

Closed Thread