DOES ANYONE FABRICATE DRIVESHAFT LOOPS FOR 2nd GEN 4X4

unless something changed it is a requirement if running quick diesel the 12.0 class but not a requirement if bracket racing no matter the speed but just a good idea to have them.

WUnderwood said:
how fast do you have to be for loops?
All cars running 13.99 or faster with slicks except vehicles running 11.49 or slower on street tires.
Page 207

I can't find a picture, but I just took a piece of 1/2"x2" steel strap, formed a U shape and bolted it to the cab crossmember. I think I don't have any pictures because I messed up the powder coating on it, but I'll try and remember to take some when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

Steve...
You could also contact TDR/Comp-Diesel/M-D TDC member TReed(Travis)for a set of loops.There is a guy where his wife works that did his and when I asked him he said they would do more.......Andy

Here is a shot from up under his puller from Spring Fling last year and his loops......

Attachments

• Hammer 138a.jpg
    Hammer 138a.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 86
I'm proud of myself, I remembered the rear loop!

0121081929_G.jpg

Darryl Poole makes a set of sweet driveshaft loops!!! Gus has a set!

I mounted this to the cross member just infront of the pumpkin, quick pins for easy on and easy off!

4-19-07033.jpg

4-19-07032.jpg

4-19-07031.jpg

Ian

thanks for the pic Joe I can make that easy and cheap is there a size of material requirement. I made some stands that my stacks sit on in my bed out of 1 x1/2 steel so making loops like your back one is easy just need to know the size requirements.

Joe Hellman can make anything. Diesel Daryl Poole actually made my system for me. It was expensive but well worth the investment.

Thanks again Joe I will be building me a set in the spring for my truck. hope to run with you quick diesel boys in at least Indy this year.

Back