block prv or get T&C modified prv?

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
Pretty shore mine is bad or going bad. So time to upgrade. I've been told not to block prv but they sell them, plus the price is cheap. For another 40 I can get a modified prv. So witch is the best safest route to go?

I don't really know much about common rails but to me it seems like you would not want to block off a PRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do a block off, seen first hand an injector blowing apart at the end of a hard pull and letting off.

No problems with my truck running a rail plug... I've ran both stock and a stage 3.5 pump and II 100hp injectors and II 359hp injectors all in different combinations with no problems... I also run a smarty programmer fwiw

When guys like Todd sell modded valves for such a great price it is really dumb to run an aftermarket plug. Especially when all you need to do is take the banjo bolt out and tap the bottom of it for a 1/8" NPT plug.

Lots of people run plugged. They are either ignorant or dumb. The pressure spikes our systems make when you turn the key off are no joke!

Do not plug it. A modded valve is plenty cheap and will help save expensive injectors from getting trashed by a rail pressure spike.

Look it up or call Todd at tc diesel, I just ordered a 32k relief along with my dual fuelers and his pump. The guy is awesome and his prices are very reasonable

It necessary when u put any kind of tune on it the factory ones are weak and it's cheap insurance

Modded LV are just that, Many just run catch Can, Then they call me and say Todd it has no fuel in the can, I say check the Line, Sure enough fuel in the Line, LV stay down for 95% of there life and when they do Pop, they will only spit, But snap something while under Race or aggressive driving and they will spray. Snap In/Output shaft then Rail spike
With NO LV $$$$ additional repairs BC you did NOT spend $90-100.00

The companies that say Plug it? Are selling What? Yep Injectors and Hard parts, when they hand you that plug, Your no more then a future customer.
You can go for years when plugged but at some point its goona be $$$.

Case in point, Every Power plant builder uses HPCR has relief valve, Look at any engine ,some bean counter is looking for a promotion, Our engines don't need relief I can save the company $$$$$$, We'll now the TQ lab creates some rail spikes and pops out all the injector solenoid O-Rings or worst. Every engine builder has LV in any CR if they could get by without them they would.

I never said he SHOULD plug it, just stated I don't have a problem nor do many others. Mine is actually "capped" with a different return line. It was like that when I bought it and haven't had a problem. I have talked to Todd and he was very helpful and I did want to buy one of his valves and other parts but I know I was told quite a bit more money then $90 not to mention I don't have a core, or the correct fuel return... What do I know I'm dumb and ignorant...

Talked to Todd and I'm ordering a 30k. On a waiting list. Sometime next week it should be on its way :rockwoot:
Might as well upgrade while I can.
That man has some serious knowledge and the dirty secrets have been revealed :hehe:

I never said he SHOULD plug it, just stated I don't have a problem nor do many others. Mine is actually "capped" with a different return line. It was like that when I bought it and haven't had a problem. I have talked to Todd and he was very helpful and I did want to buy one of his valves and other parts but I know I was told quite a bit more money then $90 not to mention I don't have a core, or the correct fuel return... What do I know I'm dumb and ignorant...

$190.00 WO/Core. If you needed the adapter to support the LV and additional line $205.00, it gets expensive ,but its the correct way to illuminate the risk.

Back