Fuel line ID Sizes.

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
Because people think I'm biased against DJ and his bull****+ fuel kit. I figured I would just go get the set of digital calipers out and measure some stuff. Yup, I'm an asshole. But I guess I might have been right that the factory line was larger. :bang

Factory fuel line ID size at the bowl. .172" So ditch the check valve and put in a higher flowing piece.

DJ's little 90 degree fitting that screws into the front of the head. .160"

Step on up to an Earl's 6AN 90 degree fitting. The ID of the 12mm x 1.5 that screws into the head .242"

Suck it Mooring Product!

Come on. Someone challenge the digital Mitutoyo. Tell me I used it backwards. Tell me its cause I don't have a fuel kit for sale and I have to talk **** about someone else's.

A 5/16 line has roughly an area of .0766 inches.
A 3/8 line has roughly an area of 11.039

which is 44% larger.

What's the flow rate and psi of the trused kit and psi?

Who cares. I'm just waiting on my check from Trusted for my hourly labor rate to measure the fittings and post the results. Don't think for a second I'm helping them sell a kit I told 1/2 of them on the phone I thought was hillariously spendy.

Yup. That's just me. I ain't never been in it to help anyone but the customers that listen. Give your money to whoever you want. But don't forget my post in the beginning of the year. Powerstroke owners don't need to be jerked around.

Dollar cost benefit over proper maintenance of filters and Just drilling out a factory banjo bolt?

Doug, I put DJs kit on myself...not saying you are incorrect...but how would you be able to get at the stock banjo bolts to drill them out and replace without destroying the factory lines...?

Doug, I put DJs kit on myself...not saying you are incorrect...but how would you be able to get at the stock banjo bolts to drill them out and replace without destroying the factory lines...?

Take the bolts out and drill them. How did you destroy the lines?

NVM I misread what you were recommending. I should trash DJs 90 fittings at the heads and upgrade to the ones you mentioned though!

Our kits are as large as you can go with out using a reducer some where in the system or drilling out the heads.

PSI and flow are determined by the pump.

As long as you are using XRP fittings. They flow more than the Earl's.

in reference to drilling out the banjo bolt...

can the factory fuel pump flow more than the factory fuel line which is still the same diameter?

My question is can the factory fuel pump pump more than the stock lines can flow? I undestand that many on here add much more power than the stock truck can handle. For us that don't race our trucks, will the factory fuel pump keep up with larger fuel lines and the AN fittings sized 44% larger than stock?

Back