Texas Diesel Shootout - April 15th

thats the main one. few other things i gotta figure out too. pump keeps leaking oil. think it has converter issues also, idk yet on that one.

Yeah I wish I was home for that also. Even if just running the 06 will still smoke most the gassers.

Not at this event. I know of one 8 second, two 9 second and many 10 second gasser trucks running. A guy I knows turbo Ford ranger will probably win it if it stays together. He keeps blowing trannies. He runs 8:90 at 156.

Oh I know there will be plenty of fast truck but still going the be 70% of then in mid 12's and slower was all I was saying.

May not be the fastest but it would defantly be a good show for diesels to have a few in the 10's that are rattle boxes

I had fun last night. I ran a bunch of 13.0 passes, and my last run went 12.998...haha. Got it when it counted though because I was picked for the final race. I wish Reece wouldnt have lost traction at the line though because I think he and I would be a very close race if he could get his tires to stick.

Well????

Oh wait, I was there.

Like Matt mentioned, he brought home the jewelry with his 12.998 run.

All in all, we had 6 trucks making passes last night. Matt and Reece were running withing .3 seconds of each other and trapping almost identical speeds. It would have been a great race if the tires would have stuck on the line. We picked up a couple of new racers that I hope to see come around more. That's what this is all about.

Max was the only Pro-Street truck to make it out last night, but it looked liked he was having problems and wasn't able to get a qualifying pass.

We had some LONG staging lines towards the end of the night due to a couple of guys smacking the walls. But all in all it was a great night for racing with cool temps once the wind laid down a bit. Can't wait til next month.

Ugh! Man Max looked like he had things going in the rite direction at Ennis with his 10.9 passes. Im aggravated and its not even my truck!

Not down with the wall smacking must have been some of the fast truck guys testing for today i guess.

Ugh! Man Max looked like he had things going in the rite direction at Ennis with his 10.9 passes. Im aggravated and its not even my truck!

Not down with the wall smacking must have been some of the fast truck guys testing for today i guess.

I think it was a newer vette that hit the wall. There were some very fast gas trucks out there though. I saw 3 turbo chevy's...1 in the 9's, 1 that looked to be low 10's but was a no time, and another that was very fast on the big end, but was having trouble getting it to build boost off the line.

Nice sig LMAO.

1st pass I had a fuel leak and got booted after the burnout. 2nd pass my auto convertor lockup malfunctioned and would not let me build boost at all on the line so I just went down the tack to get out of the way. 3rd pass I was in line and noticed high tranny temps and very low line pressure. It then went on the trailer unfortunately. We did some "tweaks" to the fuel system last week and was really hoping to get a baseline. Owe well.

To add to it I was and still am sick and did not put allot of effort into fixing any of it last night.

I saw three trucks that are racing today's shootout last night. They were high 8, high 9, low 10 second trucks.

Last edited:
Hopefully I can be up and running for next month. Didn't have a trailer to get there last night but went to the Dyno day at relentless today and think I know why it performed poorly at Ennis. Think it's got a blown headgasket. Was down 150 hp and think it was like that at Ennis.

When I Dynoed before Ennis I had a little water under the truck after my 900hp Dyno run. Told myself it wasn't the hg. After my last pass in Ennis they told me I left antifreeze at the line. Looked all over the truck and saw nothing. Today's hp makes me think that's what it is. Gonna drop it at relentless in the next week or so and he's gonna tear into it.

I thought the tds was put on by diesel innovations and hot rod diesel you sure mention relentless alot for them not to help with tds

Last edited:
Back