November 5th Texas Diesel Shootout

So how was it? I guess Max won in the Ferd. Hope there was a good turn out.
Ya turnout was great, had at least 7 trucks all running high 12's to mid 13's
75131_159394010763525_141121419257451_240842_3768646_n.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT STREET RACING 11-5-10 - SSRacingPhotos.com--By Scott Singleton

Last edited:
IIRC his best pass was 12.83 and the winning pass was 12.97.
Funny watching him go down the track with the babyseat in the back seat.

makes me want to put a 6.4 in my Bronco, instant 11's.

Those are great times. I get the same funny looks because of the fishing rod holder I have in the bed...haha

Why was it changed to a pro tree from a sportsman, is it always like that?

No we had no idea it was a pro tree, took me for surprise for certain. Hence the .586 reaction time. It was a mistake by the guys on the track.

Congrats Stelly. On the record and your best pass.

was just wondering was defiantly a close race. just weird how they changed it after all night it being a sportsman tree. oh well sh!t happens. cant wait for next time maybe ill have some slicks and can do better than a 13.5 at 107 haha

Guys make sure you tell your buddies about this, the more people that show up to race the better the chances are that we can start giving away a nice purse to the winners.
Just have to remember that no company wants to sponsor a race with 2 or 3 trucks, that said I was very happy with the amount of trucks that did show.
We have a ton of trucks in the Houston and surrounding area so getting trucks to participate should be an easy problem to overcome.

To those that have showed up and raced your participation is much appreciated.

Guys make sure you tell your buddies about this, the more people that show up to race the better the chances are that we can start giving away a nice purse to the winners.
Just have to remember that no company wants to sponsor a race with 2 or 3 trucks, that said I was very happy with the amount of trucks that did show.
We have a ton of trucks in the Houston and surrounding area so getting trucks to participate should be an easy problem to overcome.

To those that have showed up and raced your participation is much appreciated.

We need more regulars. Spread the word. Even the crew that shows up for both sponsoring companies could be running some trucks. Most of them are fast! Here are a couple of ideas to kick around. Sponsoring companies pay for tech cards? I know that might come out of the talked about future pots but it might get more trucks out and more trucks racing? Maybe do a cookout every other month? I know of at least 3 goooooood cooks in the bunch. That would help bring more spectators and make it a party with racing and beer...... What else can you ask for? As for a second class that is a tough one. Maybe a unlimited class and then a fuel only single charger street class? Brackets are a good idea but who is gonna do the work involved with that?

Last edited:
I try to make it when I can, just keep having stuff come up. I always have a good time when i do make it though.

I though my 10.8 sliding all over the track was entertaining.......I know it was from my view......LMAO

If the track was open all day then a cookout would be possible but it's not.
I have some ideas that David and I will be discussing.

The moral of the story is this: If people want to come they will.
Trophy's, small cash purses, classes, etc......are not going to make it happen.

The guys that are showing up are coming to have fun and see some fast diesels.

HotRodDiesels and crew will continue to try and run the drag truck every 1st Friday of the month as much as possible.

The whole premise behind this event was to get all the local diesel guys to show up at the same track at the same time.
I notice that only a few trucks that are supported at other shops in the area have been showing up, we would like for everyone to feel welcome to come and race with us.
David and I just put up the trophy, anyone is welcome to come and race.

:clap:

I though my 10.8 sliding all over the track was entertaining.......I know it was from my view......LMAO

If the track was open all day then a cookout would be possible but it's not.
I have some ideas that David and I will be discussing.

HotRodDiesels and crew will continue to try and run the drag truck every 1st Friday of the month as much as possible.

The whole premise behind this event was to get all the local diesel guys to show up at the same track at the same time.
I notice that only a few trucks that are supported at other shops in the area have been showing up, we would like for everyone to feel welcome to come and race with us.
David and I just put up the trophy, anyone is welcome to come and race.

It is always easier to spend someone else's money..... Haha..... Trust me I have been on the other side of the table and actually still sit there most of the time.

As for cooking was just talking about craw fish, burgers, gumbo whatever not a top chef event.

Sincerely, thank you guys for making this event happen over and over. Good times no doubt.

I plan to be at the track at least twice a month, and I will make sure that I make this event every month. I should have a turbo and injectors by Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to compete with some of you.

I will spread the word as well and try to get some others to come out.

was just wondering was defiantly a close race. just weird how they changed it after all night it being a sportsman tree. oh well sh!t happens. cant wait for next time maybe ill have some slicks and can do better than a 13.5 at 107 haha

Were you in the white single cab? That's a good looking truck. You parked next to us in the lot ( white dmax, black cr and my dad had the old dodge being pulled by the white dodge Dually)

That was me, and thank you on the truck I try to keep her lookin good the ole lady says I care more about the truck than her lol... she may be right

Back